Has anyone nearly crashed trying to "feel" for the Fan Speed Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have only basic knowledge on the air conditioning... all i do is set the temp and fan speed thats it. none of that circulation or whatever i never felt a difference when i played around with them.

Also up here in the frozen north i only run the heater to warm up the cab after that just alone my dogs and myself body heat is enough to warm the cab. I actually drive with a ccracked window all the time in the winter cause it gets so stuffy in the truck.
i wish there was a steering wheel heater

that is what the auto is for it keeps it the perfect temp and dose a good job at that.

OP
OP
GP@PPG

GP@PPG

Reaction score
LOL, no south floridian in those responses! Our temp and humidity fluctuate so much it makes most adjust the crap often. Set it on 70, jump in a Tux screw in 98 degree temp with the cab of the truck about a buck and a quarter, you'll drive 25 miles before it cools as well as setting it on 60 Auto after a couple miles in stop and go. Would love to set it and forget it...my old former 150 had it on the wheel, so just used to it.... they likely put those huge knobs on the '13's for nuttin......ya recon?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

See you ride Can Am! Cool, I am a Can Am/Sea-Doo dealer.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it thing is fast. Don't take to much out of that tho I'm used of Honda 400 lol. But I can get it up to 78 in 3 rea poles. I rune-30 in it and have 4,000 miles on it one year. The thing I like best about it 70 mph across a field worked or not. Smooth

OP
OP
GP@PPG

GP@PPG

Reaction score
ahahaha...real cute 6.2, I've never seen someone that didn't know what gloves were!!
Thought was an open forum, or is just a bunch of wise ass know-nothing wanna be's?
You probably think texting and driving is ok too. To those who had an answer, thanks, and those who gave me FUNNY answers thanks, for any pure arse wipes. P-off

Banned
Reaction score
ahahaha...real cute 6.2, I've never seen someone that didn't know what gloves were!!
Thought was an open forum, or is just a bunch of wise ass know-nothing wanna be's?
You probably think texting and driving is ok too. To those who had an answer, thanks, and those who gave me FUNNY answers thanks, for any pure arse wipes. P-off

:poker:

what are you blabbing on about?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL, no south floridian in those responses! Our temp and humidity fluctuate so much it makes most adjust the crap often. Set it on 70, jump in a Tux screw in 98 degree temp with the cab of the truck about a buck and a quarter, you'll drive 25 miles before it cools as well as setting it on 60 Auto after a couple miles in stop and go. Would love to set it and forget it...my old former 150 had it on the wheel, so just used to it.... they likely put those huge knobs on the '13's for nuttin......ya recon?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

See you ride Can Am! Cool, I am a Can Am/Sea-Doo dealer.

My wife's Edge, which has essentially the same cooling system, works just fine in the Texas summer. Set it to 72 and forget it. When you get in the car and it's a buck and a quarter, it will blow as cold as it possibly can until it gets to 72 and then maintain that temperature, just like your house.

OP
OP
GP@PPG

GP@PPG

Reaction score
Geeeee, why didn't my evil twin's posted response right under your first post, why is it not in order? No babbling, just in the wrong spot....

Oh yeah 05 I agree that the Auto works very well, had many vehicles with it. I was just noticing the poor thought that went into the ergonomics of the controls. They (fan speed) has been located on the steering wheels of F-150's with AUTO control for a long time. All of my company F-150's except the Raptor, has the control on the wheel.

Heck, I just wondered if anyone else found it annoying. Way more people than *me* think so according to Ford apparently. They redesigned, like in "upgrade" IMO.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I made a bit of money and bought a few things in the last few years. I've never owned anything new with the technology until now. thanks ethanol