Has anyone locked in financing rates yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterman

Reaction score
My credit union quoted 1.79 today but would not lock rate in for any amount of time. Said if I applied today, application is good for 60 days but on day of purchase I get whatever the rate is on that day. She said rate has not gone up for quite a while but if it did go up shouldn’t be much. Truck is being built now so probably have a few weeks before it makes it to the dealership.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if your dealer will match penfed. I told my dealer I was going to use penfeds 1.99 and they matched it with B of A. Locked in for 30 days, took delivery with 7 days left.
When I spoke with Penfed, the financing starts as soon as the check is printed so you would be paying for the truck before taking delivery - unless you could time it perfectly, but given how inaccurate all the information was and still is, that’s unlikely.
Once my Raptor ships to Phoenix, I'll go to my courtesy delivery dealer Bell Ford and work with them on financing. If I have a 831 credit rating, no reason why I shouldn't get the best rate possible. I'll just tell them PenFed has me at 1.99% and I want to finance through them so they can make some $$$, if they match anywhere under 2.25% I'll be fine with it.

I haven't had a car loan in years as I've paid cash for all my Porsches but I now have the Raptor coming in in February and a Huracan EVO Spyder on a ship right now to Scottsdale.... I'm sure getting loans for both cars within a few weeks will smack my credit rating haha

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Financial matters are better handled when you have enough information and knowledge. Otherwise, it is better to seek advice from a financial expert who is knowledgeable in these matters.
you said a lot without saying anything...look at rates, shop around. I got 1.9% for 72 and financed $35k. From what I've seen, rates have gone up as the offer I got is no longer available from my bank.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Littlefx4 and @cdiddy4224

Those are spam bots you're engaging with. The first one already posted their spam link for financial advisers. Google the second one's registered name and you'll see it pop up on other automotive forums to advertise a certain lender.