Has anyone else experienced a loose drivers-side door panel that pops in and out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 has developed what I would call a "loose" door panel. I tend to rest my left arm on the panel's arm rest when I first noticed that it tends to pop in and out with an audible sound if I push on it. Has anyone else run into this? I am hoping it could be repaired by replacing some plastic clips rather than the entire panel. You can see the gap between the panel and the door is clearly visible in the photo below.

1655217438545.png

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how lucky you are to have the raptor genius be coming through that area this weekend. im sure he could be bribed into looking at it......

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the truck since new and I can't think of any time I have had it in for service that would have required door panel removal. I think I will just buy some clips and replace them myself.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I've had the truck since new and I can't think of any time I have had it in for service that would have required door panel removal. I think I will just buy some clips and replace them myself.

door lock freezing recalls x2.
There are 2 screws that are supposed to go in at an angle from the bottom that should secure that panel. I’ll bet they’re missing. Phillips head about 1.5” long IIRC. There are some snap in connectors as well but that should be held more securely.

Very easy to pop this off and see what’s what. Youtube will guide you properly.
be prepared to support the panel once it’s free, as the door latch will still be connected. speakers too, so disconnect the harnesses - 2 or 3 of them, with very obtuse connectors, speaker harness and then only the 2 door latch cables should remain. You can zip tie or rope tie the panel to the door with the window open. Use a towel so as not to mar the paint.

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
door lock freezing recalls x2.
There are 2 screws that are supposed to go in at an angle from the bottom that should secure that panel. I’ll bet they’re missing. Phillips head about 1.5” long IIRC. There are some snap in connectors as well but that should be held more securely.

Very easy to pop this off and see what’s what. Youtube will guide you properly.
be prepared to support the panel once it’s free, as the door latch will still be connected. speakers too, so disconnect the harnesses - 2 or 3 of them, with very obtuse connectors, speaker harness and then only the 2 door latch cables should remain. You can zip tie or rope tie the panel to the door with the window open. Use a towel so as not to mar the paint.
They may have done the frozen door lock recalls. I'll take a look, thanks.