Has anybody run 38", 39" or 40" tires on the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackReef

Reaction score
39" Baja T/A's on SVT Raptor...

After checking out the Stewart Raceworks Raptor, it got me thinking. What mods would have to be done to the SVT Raptor to accomodate 39" tires? Fiberglass in the front and rear is a must (or possibly just flaring the truck bedsides). Definitely not practical but I'm curious anyways. Looks awesome:

YellowandGrayRaceworksRaptorNOTposted.jpg

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
After checking out the Stewart Raceworks Raptor, it got me thinking. What mods would have to be done to the SVT Raptor to accomodate 39" tires? Fiberglass in the front and rear is a must (or possibly just flaring the truck bedsides). Definitely not practical but I'm curious anyways. Looks awesome:

YellowandGrayRaceworksRaptorNOTposted.jpg

My guess, Front and Rear Glass and a long travel kit that push's the front end forward an inch or 2 to clear the firewall.

Maybe Outlaw will have a kit built for them that will accommodate 39's

Personally I think a Raptor tucking 39's would look so bad ass even if it was just a street queen

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing how much contact my 37's make on different parts of the truck, I am going to have to wager that a MAJOR overhaul would be needed to make this work.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Seeing how much contact my 37's make on different parts of the truck, I am going to have to wager that a MAJOR overhaul would be needed to make this work.

Where you rubbing at? Any pics

Do you think the sub core support would need to be cut out to be cleared at bump?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get some pics up tomorrow or Friday. Truck is in the shop getting fender liners fabbed and boxed UCA's mounted up.

The rubbing is happening mainly around the firewall and rubs at full turn. Even at low speeds when you're turning in questionable terrain, you can hear them rubbing pretty good. The pieces of the firewall that are making contact seem like they can be trimmed down to be more flush with the rest of the firewall. Kinda tough to describe without pics.

Good point on the sub core support... something to look into.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I'll get some pics up tomorrow or Friday. Truck is in the shop getting fender liners fabbed and boxed UCA's mounted up.

The rubbing is happening mainly around the firewall and rubs at full turn. Even at low speeds when you're turning in questionable terrain, you can hear them rubbing pretty good. The pieces of the firewall that are making contact seem like they can be trimmed down to be more flush with the rest of the firewall. Kinda tough to describe without pics.

Good point on the sub core support... something to look into.

Is it rubbing at full crank near the cab or near the front bumper? Reason I ask is if its near the cab you "might" be able to get away without cutting the sub core support apart by building a wider long travel kit that push's the hub forward enough to clear the firewall. You would need a wider 1 piece clip to cover the track width but it would save you a ton of headache of cutting the sub core support apart more than you have to.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full crank is making contact on the cab. I knew this dialogue would result in more stuff to buy! :)

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol Tiz!
I've been quietly following your build and am really impressed with the custom selection and fab work that's gone into your beast. I knew Bo had compressed the 37's into things from prior posts and I can imagine anyone else running 37's will eventually as well.

Not that this is practical always, but having a different offset rim can sometimes take away some of the pain.

I'm learning from each of your experiences with various mods, and am still leaning towards a mild lift to accommodate my needs and use for this truck. I've no place for a Pre-runner out here, but a little extra clearance and taller tires are what I have in mind...

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks JP! I would definitely recommend giving 37's a shot. We've just got to figure out where to trim the fat to make these fit flawlessly. Only problem is that extensive use of a sawzall is required? :superhack:

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with JP7, not to many areas here either for a Pre-runner set-up but those 37" look sooo nice and maybe with a 3" lift or would it need more to get them under that beast? I wouldn't wanna go much higher then that.