Has anybody else received the tailgate recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the letter a few days ago. I've read on the forum here of some people having this problem, but I haven't had an issue. Nice that they stepped up and are extending the coverage.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw rumblings that a later in the year repair would be possibly worth pursuing - I think they revise the harness ? @FordTechOne had insight on this before.
It’s extended coverage. The previous repair was to separate the connectors so the circuits couldn’t short together, not sure what the revisions will be that they mention in the new letter.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
heres one thread
I guess we are both smarter than we appear!! I saw people post about the gate opening when you didn't want it to, but everything I saw was related to the fob auto open button. I had mine flop against my garage door, thankfully with no damage. I disabled the remote gate opener in Forskin shortly afterwards. Nothing goofy since then.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Yep got the letter. Glad there is an update. My tailgate would drop driving down the highway….had the original recall completed. I’ve had it happen a couple of times since then but nowhere near as much as before. Little nerve racking when you get home to back into garage and rear camera is looking under the truck. Guess I’m glad I’ve never lost anything after it’s happened.

WEV

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the letter as well. Power tailgate on my 2019 801A. Never noticed any tailgate problems.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the letter this week too. I thought they were only going to deal with it if you’ve had a problem. I’ll ask them to do mine when I take it in for the next oil change.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep got the letter. Glad there is an update. My tailgate would drop driving down the highway….had the original recall completed. I’ve had it happen a couple of times since then but nowhere near as much as before. Little nerve racking when you get home to back into garage and rear camera is looking under the truck. Guess I’m glad I’ve never lost anything after it’s happened.
I was more concerned with a case of Tito’s and a few hundo worth of groceries.