Has anybody else received the tailgate recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received the letter a few days ago. I've read on the forum here of some people having this problem, but I haven't had an issue.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This letter seemed to be an update to the original recall. I chucked mine, dealer isn't touching it for that shit.
The new letter seems to say that’s not the case anymore.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the letter this week. Also have a notification in the Ford Pass App for it as well. I'll get it taken care of on my next oil change.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Got the letter on Thursday. 2019 802A. Had the tailgate open one time against the garage door, and yep, opened the garage and scratched the heck out of the upper center section around the tailgate handle. Covered it up with some matte black 3M wrap. Maybe Ford will cover the cosmetic repair based on this?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the letter on Thursday. 2019 802A. Had the tailgate open one time against the garage door, and yep, opened the garage and scratched the heck out of the upper center section around the tailgate handle. Covered it up with some matte black 3M wrap. Maybe Ford will cover the cosmetic repair based on this?
Seems so read near the bottom.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 2.22.08 PM.png

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems so read near the bottom.

View attachment 361581
Nice! I missed that part. I was lucky and mine wasn't damaged, but I remember seeing a couple of people who said theirs got banged up. I wonder what exactly their repair is? I know mine has been good since I disabled the remote opener in Forskin. I figured if I can use the fob, I can push the button on the gate.