Has anybody else received the tailgate recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep got the letter. Glad there is an update. My tailgate would drop driving down the highway….had the original recall completed. I’ve had it happen a couple of times since then but nowhere near as much as before. Little nerve racking when you get home to back into garage and rear camera is looking under the truck. Guess I’m glad I’ve never lost anything after it’s happened.
That's what I was talking about in my post. I never heard of the gate dropping while driving. Everything I read was in the garage, like mine did. That could really suck if I had one of my internet "dates" tied up back there and the gate drops and she rolls out in front of people!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I received my letter earlier this week.

Just wanted to add that I've had my tailgate unlock on 3 or 4 different occasions but MT top keeps it from opening, it might be from me accidentally hitting the button on my remote.

Never took it it and it's been over a year since it's last happened.

Last edited:

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I should also state I got the letter for a 2019.

I thought the original issue was due from water shorting it out, so if you keep your truck dry it may not happen? I have not not had this happen yet but, but it could damage the tailgate when it opens into the garage door, especially if you open the garage door without knowing the tailgates down.

GMEN92

Reaction score
Yup. Got my letter Thursday.. 2020 haven’t had issue yet thankfully

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just sayin’ , tie your dates to the built in hooks.

so I’ve heard.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I should also state I got the letter for a 2019.

I thought the original issue was due from water shorting it out, so if you keep your truck dry it may not happen?
I've ran mine through two winters of salted roads, many touchless car washes with under body flushes and haven't had an issue so far, so I'm gonna say water isn't the cause. Unless its a faulty component that's allowing water in.