Has anybody else received the tailgate recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep got it the other day for my 2018 I’ve had no problems so far but who knows I will talk to my tech buddy at my dealership and see what is all involved with the repair? Oh and glad your internet dates have not been harmed by some sort of tailgate malfunction @Oldfart!

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Got my letter through last week. I’m in a ‘20 - haven’t experienced any issues so hesitant to have a repair done on an issue I haven’t experienced and potentially introduce an issue with the vehicle…

Lucke1113

Reaction score
Didn't get the letter yet, but experienced the issue for the first time this past Sunday. Thought it was by accident. Now, everytime I start the truck, it opens. 2018 Raptor with 61,*** miles.

The garage door did scratch the top middle handle area on Monday, so Ford is fixing the damage as well. Ford dealer didn't give me a timeline on Tuesday for when the parts for the fix will be received. The dealer will call me.