Harsh downshift to 3rd only, trans update performed and came back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsj3

Reaction score
I have a 2020 that has 2100 miles and I noticed it was shifting super hard between 5 and 6 mainly on downshifts. No aggressive driving at all. I took it to the dealer 3 days ago and just today I felt it again. Supposedly it was reprogrammed but I also noticed the 3 to 4th gear this time around.

Really annoying specially after spending this amount of money for a vehicle.

OP
OP
Rabel376

Rabel376

Reaction score
**Last Update**
Valve body replaced and all updates completed. Immediately notice smoother shifts up and down. No more hard downshifts so seems like they fixed it. Will have to see if anything happens in the next 2-3K miles.

alabbar

Reaction score
My update
only software update and thanks God, its like new
Just curious about pedal commander
We bought two ecoboost at the same day with a friend
Mine got the issue with little mods (turbo adapter +170f thermostat with tune + add resonator + pedal commander)
And my friend don't have the pedal commander and he have intercooler + cai + mpt tune

wrek

Reaction score
2017 with 38k miles. Its been in around 6 times. Park to Drive harsh shift. 3rd to 5th hard shift. 5th to 3rd hard clunk occasionally. Friends Raptor doesn't have this issue. The have programmed/flashed, relearned, and changed the control module 2x. From reading the boards it sounds like its something that i need to live with.

Can someone upload instructions for relearning with Forscan.

Thanks

alabbar

Reaction score
2017 with 38k miles. Its been in around 6 times. Park to Drive harsh shift. 3rd to 5th hard shift. 5th to 3rd hard clunk occasionally. Friends Raptor doesn't have this issue. The have programmed/flashed, relearned, and changed the control module 2x. From reading the boards it sounds like its something that i need to live with.

Can someone upload instructions for relearning with Forscan.

Thanks

Your best option and safest is the dealer, don't waste your time as I did