Hardwired car cam and V1 radar - Easy how to!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinger9

Reaction score
Today I hardwired my V1 and dash cam. Just thought I would post how in case it helps.

Remove the passenger side pillar. Super easy just insert a pick with a piece of tape over the end to keep from scratching into the lower hole on the grab handle and pop it out. Remove the 2- 10mm bolts on each side of the handle. Grab the handle and pull out and towards the center of the truck and it pops right off. (There is a YouTube vid on this)

Then pop off the windshield plastic above the mirror. It’s just held in with 5 clips. Quick yanks working around does it.

Remove you lower footwell (pass) fuse panel door.

Now run your wires. I used a chase wire and pulled all my wires from the hole after the pillar trim is removed and right down to the fuse area.

I used existing clips in the A pillar to secure both my V1 wires and dash cam. And tucked them up into the headliner working over to the mirror area. I have my V1 on driver side and Cam on pass side of the mirror. I snaked the wires through the window cam and other wires so you don’t even need a zip tie.

Back at the fuse panel tap into fuse 35 for switched power with a fuse tap add a circuit. You will see an exposed stud that holds the 4x4 module right there. Lossen that 10mm nut and make your ground connection there (I used a couple washers to make a good connection on hoped the nut and stud would be sufficient connection to ground and it was). I ran a ground from there rather then trying to find a source up in the headliner.

Button it all up and done. Easiest ford yet for me. Normally I need to pull off rocker panel and kick panel plastic.

This was the pillar and mirror trim and done. Easily reversible too. I swap trucks every few years so I just made a harness that moves with me. It works well for the dash cam and I put the voltage converter in the A pillar as well (little box about 1x1x.25 goes from 12v in to 5v out) if your just doing the Radar using Mirror taps are really easy too.

Hope it helps!

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did almost the same thing in my 2016 F150, except I ran the dash cam power cable to the usb input in the center console. Routing the wires was exactly the same though, edge of the headline, to the A pillar, through glove box, up through the center console. Never had one issue.