Hard Downshifting tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently installed some paddle shifters and I've been loving them so far, my only concern which affects my driving is the ability to do hard downshifts. I want to aggressively downshift to engine brake, but I haven't been able to downshift into a lower gear sometimes if the rpm (I believe) is going to be too high. The computer seems to lock it out.

Is there a tune that would force the ability to downshift? Is the rev limiter what I'm looking for?

Ideally I wouldn't have to modify this with a tune, as I like the current setup (including automatic shifting), I just want to force hard downshifts in manual mode.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like using tow/haul for aggressive driving, holds gears longer, downshifts sooner and uses engine braking. I have not tried it in manual shift mode though, I let the computer do the shifting and lock-out gears and add gears as needed.

Sounds like the computer is saving your motor but anything is possible, the protections are there for a reason.