Happy with the switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, Gen 3 is far better. Forget ADM va MSRP discussion. This is a better driving vehicle, the technology is better, and it makes the Gen 2 look a bit long in the tooth at this point. I had some reservations about trading in my Gen 2 two weeks ago… but that disappeared within 30 mins on the drive back home. It’s great. I do miss carbon fiber on the shifter, but I can’t think of anything else I miss about the Gen 2. Maybe magnetic gray… but honestly agate black looks nicer than I expected. Get a Gen 3, if you don’t like it… I’d be very very surprised, but I’ll buy it from you and relieve you of that burden haha.

Happy new year fellow FRFers!

Last edited:

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall, Gen 3 is far better. Forgot ADM va MSRP discussion. This is a better driving vehicle, the technology is better, and it makes the Gen 2 look a bit long in the tooth at this point. I had some reservations about trading in my Gen 2 two weeks ago… but that disappeared within 30 mins on the drive back home. It’s great. I do miss carbon fiber on the shifter, but I can’t think of anything else I miss about the Gen 2. Maybe magnetic gray… but honestly agate black looks nicer than I expected. Get a Gen 3, if you don’t like it… I’d be very very surprised, but I’ll buy it from you and relieve you of that burden haha.

I went from a G1 to a G2, back to a G1 for the past two years, now soon will have a G3. Although I probably won’t use most of the crazy features, I’m excited to experience the capabilities. Also excited to feel the Recaro’s and ride comfort.

Happy New Year everyone!

CityHunter

Reaction score
Overall, Gen 3 is far better. Forgot ADM va MSRP discussion. This is a better driving vehicle, the technology is better, and it makes the Gen 2 look a bit long in the tooth at this point. I had some reservations about trading in my Gen 2 two weeks ago… but that disappeared within 30 mins on the drive back home. It’s great. I do miss carbon fiber on the shifter, but I can’t think of anything else I miss about the Gen 2. Maybe magnetic gray… but honestly agate black looks nicer than I expected. Get a Gen 3, if you don’t like it… I’d be very very surprised, but I’ll buy it from you and relieve you of that burden haha.

All Raptors are incredible trucks, but it seems the Gen3 has successfully taken the torch as the pinnacle of what Raptor represents. Makes you wonder where it goes from here — how will Gen4 take it to the next level?