Happy with the switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll clarify my comment a bit. The gen 3 sounds better, rides better, generally drives better but for some reason feels like a much bigger truck than my Gen 3. It's the same darn size I know, but other than the taller stance I can't figure out why It feels so different. At first I thought I would settle in but I've had it going on 6 months and still miss the driving feel I had in the 17
Did the visibility change? My Toyota-driving friends are blown away by how well you can see out of my gen 2. It makes the truck feel smaller.

Stevdug

Reaction score
I’m still tinkering with my seating position but have yet to find that sweet spot my 17 had. To me, yes the truck feels bigger and visibility has changed for the worst. My best guess is that the truck just sets higher and I think maybe something about the mirror placement on the gun 3 has cut off some visibility forward lower left. I like everything else about the truck.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m still tinkering with my seating position but have yet to find that sweet spot my 17 had. To me, yes the truck feels bigger and visibility has changed for the worst. My best guess is that the truck just sets higher and I think maybe something about the mirror placement on the gun 3 has cut off some visibility forward lower left. I like everything else about the truck.

Are you a shorter person? I find the Queen has the same issues.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much what lead me to ask this. I don’t think I can really gauge a different driving up and down one road on a test drive. I currently drive an 04 f-150 with 180k miles - so in reality you can slap me in anything and it’s going to have a better ride then what I’ve got right now.
Im in the Philly area of anyone wants to take my Gen 3 for a spin for a couple days to help make their decision!

XwerX

Reaction score
For those that have moved from a highly modified truck to a Gen3 are you satisfied? Anything lacking in a major way? Just wondering as I’m moving from a F150 with a King and K96 Deaver setup.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I miss on the gen2 is the shifter and cup holder lights.

Attachments

• 9121F63F-F5C9-4B3F-8D44-DDACDE2D829C.jpeg
    9121F63F-F5C9-4B3F-8D44-DDACDE2D829C.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 26