Happy with the switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5 link rear, big screen and exhaust … pretty big upgrades. But for me the 2019 i have feels timeless. Idk why… theres something about the cockpit. It throws aviation vibes. I’ve said it before , I’ll perhaps get a gen 3 someday. But I'm definitely not in a rush.
I’m coming from a ‘17 so you can add live valve shocks to this list for me and there’s a difference in “ride feel” to me. Lockable storage although I did enjoy the full flat rear floor of the 17; now I have a place to lock the rifle. ;) The pro power will definitely get some usage. One last thing…that digital gauge cluster said “come get me” so I said say no more.:Big Laugh:

If a ‘20 will serve your purposes, save the cash for other goodies.
That said I don’t think the Gen 3 is a $100k truck (with the V6).
Def not a 6 figure truck.

OP
OP
C

cstrickland

Reaction score
What’s the allure of a huge screen?
Honestly, I’m just a tech junky - I like and the way it functions more like an iPad. I’ve looked at the other big screens to replace it with, and they just don’t look as clean or have as great of an interface IMO. That’s what I like about the Gen3

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I went from an 18 to a 22. The 18 was more fun i think.
Like 9PM on a Friday night in high school, anything could happen. Everything felt like it was going in slightly different directions at times and it was oddly enjoyable.
The 22 is "better" but doesn't feel like it's living on the ragged edge. No little quirks to get used to.
Both trucks are great, if I didn't put over 100k on my Gen 2 I would still be driving it. It was just time.

OP
OP
C

cstrickland

Reaction score
No, a big screen like a 2021+ or Tesla.
I’ve seen some… and don’t get me wrong I know I’m being picky - I’m not a fan of the ones I’ve seen. The interface that ford has developed in the Gen 3’s are just nice. look good, clean, functional. Much less of a tablet feel.

OP
OP
C

cstrickland

Reaction score
I went from an 18 to a 22. The 18 was more fun i think.
Like 9PM on a Friday night in high school, anything could happen. Everything felt like it was going in slightly different directions at times and it was oddly enjoyable.
The 22 is "better" but doesn't feel like it's living on the ragged edge. No little quirks to get used to.
Both trucks are great, if I didn't put over 100k on my Gen 2 I would still be driving it. It was just time.
Was the tech difference huge? Or is it just a new truck with neat new features? ….if that makes any sense

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Was the tech difference huge? Or is it just a new truck with neat new features? ….if that makes any sense
I am not a tech guy, but having more radio presets you can scroll through from the steering wheel buttons is among the better things I've found. Android Auto is junk, to me, on both trucks.

The bigger screen is nice but not something I couldn't live without.

The self steering cruise control is much better, but I hardly use it. the only other big difference is the active exhaust, it's pretty cool.