Happy New Year everyone from Fidalgo Island

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bugzuki

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I grew up in Mount Vernon and went out to Fidalgo many time. Beautiful area. By stripper pole do you mean the antenna? Nice Cougars.

OP
OP
Sportyworty

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I have only had a chance to put 150 miles on since Christmas and loving my new rig but it’s different for sure. I drove over to Whidbey Island to Clint’s Paintless dent repair. The tailgate had a few dents but no paint was damaged. The prior owner towed a small novelty trailer and the tailgate along with taillight lenses were damaged. I used to remove my other tailgates frequently but encountered the Raptor version which required getting out the killer SVT jack pack. After lower the giant spare a portion of the way the loom connector came into sight. I left it with him and stopped under Deception Bay Pass to check a few more things and soak up the Super Natural surroundings. I’m from Victoria BC originally but had a career up until 2019 in San Diego so first time back in 30 years!
Anyway the stripper pole is a fond reference to the chanky handle that folds upright as an assist to compliment the step. I was reviewing the dealers 133 point inspection and certification and noted the 44lb air pressure on all 4 corners. I did some reading here and saw the post quoting the BFG team analysis of the Gen1 with K02 at 38 front/34 rear.
I reset from 44 to to 38/36 before taking off again and WOW big difference and happier with the ride.
I was not able to find any other paint defects even road rash behind the wheels and mirror caps just crazy. We’ll see how long I can avoid any bone headed moves it’s bit wide lol
I had it dancing back and forth on Black ice and it was like a muscle car with no sway bar. I think the big tires are floaters ! Anyway I’m making sure to understand what to expect so ya got to try out all the knobs etc ! Fun ride

Attachments

• 167A7C39-E2F6-4134-B216-8C4CF48B77AE.jpeg
    167A7C39-E2F6-4134-B216-8C4CF48B77AE.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 6