Happy Labor Day for me...Got my VIN and build date.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Have been on the site causing trouble since the beginning of August, but I am very excited to have received my VIN and Build date today!!!! :peace:

Received confirmed order on 8/5/11.
Received VIN, today 9/3/11.
Scheduled Build date, 10/17/11.

2011 Flame Blue SCAB
Luxury pkg
Moonroof
Tailgate Step

Paid Dealer Invoice + $0.

Considering I am in Chicago and they are built in Dearborn, I am hoping for a Raptor Halloween.

Have Airaid CAI, V1 radar with blend mount, Stubby Antenna and window vent visors in the garage waiting. Calling 5 star today to take advantage of thier labor day sale on a Tuner.

What a friggen awesome way to start the long weekend!!!! :waytogo:

Regards,

Mike aka Big Blue

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Have been on the site causing trouble since the beginning of August, but I am very excited to have received my VIN and Build date today!!!! :peace:

2011 Flame Blue SCAB
Luxury pkg
Moonroof
Tailgate Step

I live in the Chicago area and if you got decals plan on 2 weeks after its built if not a week. They send it out for the decals then it comes back to Dearborn then you need a full truck for it to go out. My experience only cannot speak for anyone else but congrats and you will love this truck it is everything these guys on this forum say it is.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

2011 Flame Blue SCAB
Luxury pkg
Moonroof
Tailgate Step

I live in the Chicago area and if you got decals plan on 2 weeks after its built if not a week. They send it out for the decals then it comes back to Dearborn then you need a full truck for it to go out. My experience only cannot speak for anyone else but congrats and you will love this truck it is everything these guys on this forum say it is.

Nope, no decals...so now just counting the days. :peace:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike,
Why did you chose to go with the Air Raid intake?
I am completely new to Ford aftermarket parts. I am accustomed to having a large variety of intakes to choose from.
I have only seen Air Raid, AFE, and Volant.
I don't get a warm and fuzzy about Volant from previous observations.
There seems to be three or so variations of the Air Raid intake. Which is best in your opinion?

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Why did you chose to go with the Air Raid intake?
I am completely new to Ford aftermarket parts. I am accustomed to having a large variety of intakes to choose from.
I have only seen Air Raid, AFE, and Volant.
I don't get a warm and fuzzy about Volant from previous observations.
There seems to be three or so variations of the Air Raid intake. Which is best in your opinion?

I went with Airaid soley based on previous experience with their products.

I had an Airaid on my Jeep Wrangler and my Vette shop now uses them on C6s. I was always impressed with the build quality and was not disappointed when the CAI came in for the Raptor. Top notch construction. I beleive both the Volant and K&N require a relocation of one of the resoivors, which I was not willing to do. I also like how the Airaid unit uses the OEM retainer clips from the OEM airbox to hold down the new unit too, well designed.

I went with the oiled filter versus the dry filter. The oiled filter has better airflow but can get "clogged" quicker with offroad usage than the dry version. However, in my case, most of my driving will be on-road.

I am not familar with the AFE unit or the company.

Good luck bro! :peace: