Had to let the Raptor off the leash the other day...

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by BurnOut, Mar 12, 2018.

1. BurnOut

BurnOut Full Access Member

...so, first off, I realize that this is a bit like picking on a crippled kid. That said, he was asking for it.

Anyhow, the wife and I were headed up to Lowe's for some gardening goodies on Saturday when we end up next to this tarted-up Mercury Grand Marquis (of all things) at a stop light. Windows down (the weather WAS nice), big wheels, and absolutely HORRID glasspack exhaust. Anyhow, this guy was hooning this thing around like he was King Shit of Turd Mountain, and it was as bad as a fucking Harley in terms of making a ton of noise and going nowhere in a hurry.

After several miles (and three stop lights) of listening to this piece of shit, I decided that enough was enough. I ended up behind him at a stop light, put the ol' Raptor in Sport mode, and waited for his inevitable stomp on the loud pedal once the light turned green. Sure enough, the light turned green, he stomped on it, and I drove around him without much drama at all... making sure to smile and wave bye-bye as we passed him.

As soon as we had a few lengths on him, I went ahead and lifted and put the truck back in Normal mode (since I was doing 75-80 in a 45), as I figured that I had made my point. Sure enough, here he came giving us the fly-by... we just chuckled and continued our journey.

Like I said, I fully recognize that it's like fighting with a kid in a wheelchair... but even kids in wheelchairs can be obnoxious assholes in need of being put in their place.

2. AndysLog

AndysLog FRF Addict

you waited 3 lights before you blew his doors off in your f22 raptor?

crazy, i would have just buzzed the tower.

3. jabroni619

jabroni619 Full Access Member

You are a rare breed. A raptor owner who floors his raptor. Most raptor owners require an intermittent device to achieve WOT while others expect to breeze past an aggressive driver With a very leasurly application of the throttle, in normal mode.

misuracaf10 and rtmozingo like this.
  4. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full

hamster and AndysLog like this.
  5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Years back I was in my Lightning on US1. The L wasn’t super loud, but let’s just call her ‘stealth challenged’, shall we? As I’m navigating the 20+ traffic lights to make it home, I keep getting stuck next to this arch-typical honda civic with coffee can exhaust. it’s not just obnoxious, it’s ear splitting. I wasn’t screwing with this dude, just trying to get out of his cone of cacophony. Sure enough, he took offense and blew past me in a fly by that I’ll guess was about 80-85, limit being 45. I was doing between 50-60.

As much as umbrage as he took to me, the county cops took more offense to him, and ran him down within about a mile.

You got to know where and when it’s safe to go all F&F on someone.

Ironwood likes this.
  6. Kamil

Kamil Full Access Member

Hmmm Im usually in Sport now driving around town and my truck is tunned

7. WhatExit?

WhatExit? FRF Addict

Sure glad you put it back in Normal mode once you passed that POS

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  8. BurnOut

Well, I wouldn't want to frighten the civilians, don'cha know.

Seriously, though, I drive it in Normal probably 98% of the time.

9. RaptArAz

RaptArAz Full Access Member

Well, yeah. You don't want to risk danger to the manifold after all.

[​IMG]

10. BurnOut

^^This guy gets it.^^

FullAuto and RaptArAz like this.