Had rigid backup lights installed today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This evening the alarm in the truck activated. Checked video, only thing I noticed was when the neighbor came home, and opened his garage door was when the alarm went off. Whatchall reckon? Update: Went to the installers, very reputable and upfront people, he was positive of his work with the wiring harness. I then went to a friends business, we put it up, traced the wire, saw nothing at all out of the ordinary. Of course the dealership had nothing to say, since it isn't their work, I expected that but for ***** and grins went by anyhow. Installer said if it happens tonight, ask the neighbors to change their opener code which sounds reasonable but this hasn't happened until yesterday after backups installed. Only thing I can figure is atmospherics or somehow, something to do with those lights. At a loss. Hoping one of you out there may have experienced this and knows something. TIA.

Last edited:

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have, try different setting on the alarm.
I cant remember the verbiage but try the perimeter only.
Or park in a different spot..... good luck

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, it hasn't happened again so I'm going with atmospheric convergence and a squirrel eating my tailgate.

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. Just rigid taillights. Since posting this, I disconnected the lights, and it still did it.