Had a good run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok…you bought a used truck. The time clock doesn’t start over.

Did the previous owner have the required recalls completed? Do you have the maintenance history?

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad
Reaction score
Ok…you bought a used truck. The time clock doesn’t start over.

Did the previous owner have the required recalls completed? Do you have the maintenance history?
I was hoping for your insight. According to my local dealer 21B10 WAS done. I have history as recorded by Ford in FordPass, looks like they did all the maintenance, and there are some “unknown” entries too. Assuming these may be recalls?

My dealer says bring it in, drop it off the night before for a cold start, they will verify, order parts, bring it back and drop it for a week for repairs. Should I ensure they’re using the updated parts or are all repairs completed with those now? Anything else I should ask or be aware of? Thanks again @FordTechOne

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for your insight. According to my local dealer 21B10 WAS done. I have history as recorded by Ford in FordPass, looks like they did all the maintenance, and there are some “unknown” entries too. Assuming these may be recalls?

My dealer says bring it in, drop it off the night before for a cold start, they will verify, order parts, bring it back and drop it for a week for repairs. Should I ensure they’re using the updated parts or are all repairs completed with those now? Anything else I should ask or be aware of? Thanks again @FordTechOne
Only the new parts are available, so no need to request anything special. Last I heard the valve cover gaskets are on backorder, so you may want to wait until they’re available before bringing it in for service.

I wouldn’t trust anything the dealer is telling you unless is documented in OASIS. Anyone can add an entry into FordPass and claim maintenance was done.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh cool another cam phaser thread from someone with sub 10posts :).

Come on...
joined "May 5, 2023"

Either it’s a problem known around the world, or it’s known only by enthusiasts like us. If the guy’s coming from a Chevy or some peasant car bmw, these things are going to happen once in a while.

I’d probably be a bit angry too.