Had a ‘22 Raptor at MSRP. Now it’s no MSRP for you!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to start a dumb internet fight but why is ram doing no allocations on the TRX this allowing some dealers to do 10k off but Ford having small allocations?

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to start a dumb internet fight but why is ram doing no allocations on the TRX this allowing some dealers to do 10k off but Ford having small allocations?
Perhaps Rams aren't quite seeing the same demand that Ford is and they are sitting on lots longer and forcing Ram to provide discounts to sell the vehicles. Just a thought.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stellaris treats the dealers and their in-demand vehicles differently than Ford.

They are not the same company, they will do things differently.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The company almost enables dealers to overcharge people that have waited over a year for their vehicle at the last minute with a useless price protection clause."

The writer almost got this part right. :)
wow, that is the dealer that I called and asked about raptors...I said I was ordering one out of state for MSRP and asked if they would do MSRP before I placed the order....the lady called me back and said the manager would cut me a break and only ask $20k over instead of their normal ADM (which was higher than that)

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a bit about commercial contract law and here is some free advice. It doesn’t matter if the seller signed the PA, the dealer must sign it AND unless purchaser provided a deposit, Tort law will not apply, as a loss cannot be claimed. If a deposit is accepted and the buyer can substantiate he/she is an active investor, buyer can claim breach as well as loss of investment return the deposit could have earned…think Bitcoin. Dependent upon jurisdiction, the legal remedy could be 10x the PA agreement. That is the Readers Digest version! Now for the people ******* and moaning about paying a ADM, get over it. If the truck purchase is important buy it, if not wait. Yeah I know people will get their feelings hurt, but that is life in the world for which we live. I previously posted that I may sell a 37 I ordered and I want $20k above and beyond the price I paid. I got hammered by some people that said many mean things. Some said it is impossible. I have a news flash for the nay sayers, YES WAY. There is always someone willing to pay for an item in limited supply, simply because it is important to that specific individual and some individuals have a ton of money. A perfect example, I just had a person buy one of my rental properties for $103k over asking price……she is paying CASH with zero inspections. Although that caught me off guard, I am not shocked. If the moaners owned a dealership and could make 20-50k over MSRP, a normal person would do it………it is the market that drives the price.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the other Ford dealer plays any pricing games I am done and will be purchasing the all new Tundra TRD Pro hybrid. I placed a $500 deposit with a local dealer last month at MSRP as another back up plan.
I had been planning on buying the new 2022 Tundra Trd Pro for over a year. When push came to shove, the price increase, lack of tow hooks, and the downgrade to fake leather seaters was a deal killer for me. I bought a Raptor instead at MSRP and dont regret my decision one bit.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had been planning on buying the new 2022 Tundra Trd Pro for over a year. When push came to shove, the price increase, lack of tow hooks, and the downgrade to fake leather seaters was a deal killer for me. I bought a Raptor instead at MSRP and dont regret my decision one bit.
Same boat, but I haven’t given up my 2022 Pro allocation. Not sure this Raptor will come to fruition.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. I own a Trd pro and I still have a deposit down for a pro at msrp! But when I found out that the idiots forgot to put recovery hooks I changed my mind and ordered a raptor. Toyota is not what it used to be.