Guys with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineratron

Reaction score
Is the Sync 3 upgrade a re-flash of the module or is it a whole retrofit?

Looks like a full module swap? Or something you could program with Forscan?

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you do this Sync 3 with the 2012? And what is the tesla system being mentioned?
Here is the Tesla Style System for the 2009-2014 F150. I installed one in my wife's Mustang and it was pretty simple to get everything up and running. She is happy with it so far.

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co...-navigation-receiver-for-2009-2014-ford-f-150

I went with a China seller for a Sync 3 for my 2014 Raptor and I think the APIM was damaged during shipping. I lost the touch screen for the climate control, there was no Sirius XM option. I lost heated/cooled seats and the radio touch screen was not working. I had to send it back and am still waiting on a refund.

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Ah, yeah, Im familiar with Pheonix, just never heard it called the tesla version. I dont think Sync 3 works on 2012 unfortunately.

BalanBro

Reaction score
If you jailbreak your apim, then you can use your front camera at any speed. I did it on the '13 I just traded in and loved it. More responsive, no more MFT deciding to do a random 40 min update in the middle of a roadtrip and the added bonus of Android Auto/Apple Carplay was a no brainer for me at the time.
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you remembered the steps to activate the front camera. I just purchased a Sync 3 jailbroken unit that I'm going to install this week. The gentleman that I purchased it from said it was done by setting the rear camera delay function on, but he said it would only work until 5mph. Thanks in advance!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it's jailbroken if he told you that. Forscaned and jailbroke are two different things entirely.