Guys with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting close to going this route on my truck. Any regrets form guys that have done this mod? Looking forward to apple CarPlay.

OP
OP
weimer

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still debating on doing the swap. I was hoping guys that have done it would respond with any positive or negative feedback.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue with the front camera keeps me from going to sync 3, other than that it seems to work fine and you gain apple carplay. I like the layout of MFT better though.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you jailbreak your apim, then you can use your front camera at any speed. I did it on the '13 I just traded in and loved it. More responsive, no more MFT deciding to do a random 40 min update in the middle of a roadtrip and the added bonus of Android Auto/Apple Carplay was a no brainer for me at the time.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Sync 3 kit ordered off Ebay for the upgrade. Should be here before Christmas since it is coming from China.

I watch this guy's videos for upgrades and he did the Sync 3 upgrade in his Raptor. Seems pretty straight forward as long as the retailer programs your VIN when you order.

I upgraded my wife's 2014 Mustang Sync 1 radio to a Tesla system and that looked more complicated than the Sync 3 install.

OP
OP
weimer

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up getting a jailbroken kit from a guy on facebook. Well worth the money. Great upgrade and easy install.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was wanting to stay OEM without any big additional features the Sync 3 kit is what I would use. At this point I'm too spoiled with the Tesla style systems though.