Guys..what is this panel under the middle tray for? (pic attached)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So that means some freakin theif POS can put your truck in nuetral and push it out of your driveway or whatever. Don't tell me that there is a hidden lever to unlock the steering wheel as well.

You better check your jeep sahara, it has a small rubber piece to take out behind the shifter that does the same thing.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sombody stole a VW SUV from the Toronto, Canada area, it turned up in a parking lot in Lagos, Nigeria this week, 6 months after being stolen. Was on our news last night. Not surprised at all, ending up in a shiithole like that.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Appreciate everyones input.

As an update, I reached out to the gentleman who makes these covers for the Dodges and he is willing to help fabricate one for the F150 as well. Will keep you posted if anyone else ends up being interested in getting one.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang, a few months ago I bought a salvaged rubicon. The tow truck driver that delivered it pulled it out without even telling me what he was doing. That was a shocker! lolol

Good thing the tow truck driver pulled out, now that men can get pregnant.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not a new idea… this feature has been around for a long time. Can remember the time I used this same feature to move a vehicle in the driveway that was blocking my grandmother’s car back in 1996.

3GF

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

CoronaRaptor got it right, some POS trying to steal your raptor can easily access this. I've been looking into security for my rap and saw that the Dodge Charger/Challenger guys have come up with a plate that can block this area. Sucks and super extra but figured I'd share..

Check this video out:

Wonder if we can get one made for the Raptors..
I hope you realize that virtually every car with an automatic transmission has this. It's called a shift lock override, and has been on cars for decades.

I also hope you realize that you can shift any car with a manual transmission into neutral even easier than this - and, somehow, people manage to keep high-end cars with manual transmissions in their driveway every day.