GUN VAULT TO REPLACE UNDER REAR STORAGE COMPARTMENT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dude, thanks for slapping some sense into me. My mind totally blocked out the fact he could land on the case. I will play with the rear seat back today. Honestly I don’t even know how to fold the back of the seat down, it must be a latch, or pull, I will figure it out. Again, many thanks!

Forgot to post - builtrite (Sp?) industries has a rear seat latch loop that makes unlatching the rear seat a breeze. - looks like @melvimbe for the win here.

seeing the entry / exit strategy reminds me of the first time I saw a greyhound launch after a squirrel.
Whoa.

We had a half acre lot with most being the back yard. The greyhound was our vet’s we were hosting a party. The ‘hound got up and leapt off the deck completely, took 2 strides and was at the fence. VERY quickly.
I’ve never seen a squirrel move that fast.

good luck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, we don't give a c r a p if you searched or not. Post up whatever questions you have. There isn't a topic under the sun that hasn't been drilled down on, under and above already. There'd be no new threads on a forum if all we did was search out old sh*t.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a truck vault in the bed of the truck?
I act have an $8000 dog crate with locking metal drawers in the bed. It is 55” long and spans the entire space between the wheel wells. However, I keep a ton of expensive dog training stuff inside the drawers, which leaves no space for a firearm. On a related topic, on 8/1/2021 I ordered a Snugtop for the Raptor that has yet to be delivered. The Snugtop still hasn’t arrived and yesterday I was told there is no ETA.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I have seen a under the seat rifle storage that slides horizontal out of the truck when the door is fully open. While it’s only a “underseat” design the sliding mechanism would allow you to build a wooden platform custom to the dead space. Then cut out some horse stall mat to make it all flush and level for the malagator to land and take off from. Because the slide opens out of the truck you can place whatever on top of the vault and platform without compromising accessibility. I’ll scour the internet to look for where I have seen this vault.
I’m very interested it what you describe, please keep me posted. Thank you!

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a latch that is hard to get to, but several vendors make devices that make it an easy pull.

I doubt this will help you, but I don't fold the seats up for my dogs anymore. Instead I have two collapsible boxes that bring the floor up to seat height, so they pretty much have a flat service, but higher up. This also means they can easily see out the window from a standing height, with seat cover over the top.

One of dogs is young and can get up to the seat height without issue. The other is older, and I usually have to pick him up with or without the box in place.

Related, some users have complained that the holes in the running board are dangerous for their dogs. Claws can get caught in them. Some of put plugs in them for that reason.
What do you mean regarding the boxes, can you post a pic, or link?

ApacheAg

Reaction score
I’m very interested it what you describe, please keep me posted. Thank you!

This I think is what I found or is similar.

Like I said you get your access to whatever you want to store and can keep your seat up. After you install this build a custom platform out of wood to make a level shelf/box. Go to your local tractor supply and buy some horse stall mat to make a seamless easy to clean surface. You should be able to access no matter what configuration you run when you open your door!

Hope this helps (or makes sense)

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This I think is what I found or is similar.

Like I said you get your access to whatever you want to store and can keep your seat up. After you install this build a custom platform out of wood to make a level shelf/box. Go to your local tractor supply and buy some horse stall mat to make a seamless easy to clean surface. You should be able to access no matter what configuration you run when you open your door!

Hope this helps (or makes sense)
That thing is pretty cool, thank you for taking the time to find it!