GUN VAULT TO REPLACE UNDER REAR STORAGE COMPARTMENT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don’t beat me up, I did search for the topic, but could not find it. I would like to find a single, or duel rifle vault to replace the under seat storage on a 2021 Raptor. I need it to be more narrow than the storage compartment that comes with the truck and lockable. One DD M4 and hopefully an MCK would need to fit. However the ability to fit one work work as well. My Malinois always rides on the rear floorboard with the backseat up, therefore I need to free up some space on the floor and the current storage box is too wide. I am open to some type of vault on the rear interior wall of the truck, but I need quick access. Many thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you never know when a matter of honor might come up.

secure under seat storage looks to be mutually exclusive with large dog transport. Most of the options I know of are the full width of the seat bottom.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you never know when a matter of honor might come up.

secure under seat storage looks to be mutually exclusive with large dog transport. Most of the options I know of are the full width of the seat bottom.
Yes, that is exactly the issue I am having, too wide. I will hit some gun stores today and possibly buy a Pelican Gun case. Maybe if I stand it up like luggage, I can bolt it either to the floor, or an under seat bracket. However, I prefer not to do it that way and hopefully someone here will have a better idea. It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
So it’s not a vault, but I was looking for something that I could secure my rifle on road trips. Weak point for sure is the lock but it’s secure. My buddy and I installed in about 2 hours and it was a b****, but it looks sick and is pretty convenient for quick access. (Coming from Texas I don’t really have to worry about gun laws like MD or NJ where you need to transport in an enclosed locked case.) so if you are going to travel there, a locked case in the truck bed is your move.

Just wanted to give you options! It’s from a brand called Arma15.

Oh and it does fit with my optics (currently running a UH-1 and micro 3x magnifier)
31EC1119-E87C-40C1-9443-2878062912C7.jpeg

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Something like this?
Exactly like that, except not as wide on the floor. I have an 80 pound Malinois that also needs the ability to fit comfortably. However, I truly thank you for taking the time to respond!

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s not a vault, but I was looking for something that I could secure my rifle on road trips. Weak point for sure is the lock but it’s secure. My buddy and I installed in about 2 hours and it was a b****, but it looks sick and is pretty convenient for quick access. (Coming from Texas I don’t really have to worry about gun laws like MD or NJ where you need to transport in an enclosed locked case.) so if you are going to travel there, a locked case in the truck bed is your move.

Just wanted to give you options! It’s from a brand called Arma15.

Oh and it does fit with my optics (currently running a UH-1 and micro 3x magnifier)
View attachment 335760
Confirm that is the back of the rear seat? Is there a link you can send? What will stop someone from just ripping it off the seat? My original intent was for my AR, which is still an option, but now my priority is for an MCK. The MCK is light weight, less than 24” long and with a 30 round mag, less than 13” inches wide. Many thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the bottom of the seat. flipped up. I too wonder what is that lock affixed to. cant it be yanked off.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
thats the bottom of the seat. flipped up. I too wonder what is that lock affixed to. cant it be yanked off.
So the mount is bolted to a metal plate that lies within the seat itself. Essentially the plate lies under the trucks metal frame. As stated the mount itself is very secure as is the locking mechanism for the rifle.

The weak point for me is by far my choice of lock. I wanted something that didn’t need a key and I could unlock at night quickly if possible. I’m sure there are other options but it’s what I like (for now).

I have a 70lb golden retriever who chills with it in the back seat. And it fits well stowed or put up.

I can’t imagine someone yanking this out easy. You would be better off cutting the lock which I assume would be similar to a crowbar to the box mechanism. Feel free to ask any other questions!

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly like that, except not as wide on the floor. I have an 80 pound Malinois that also needs the ability to fit comfortably. However, I truly thank you for taking the time to respond!
So when you say 'not as wide on the floor', what dimensions are you speaking of? Front to back or side to side?