Gun safe options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
I've had a lockerdown for a couple of years. When first received had trouble with lock. They sent me a new one no questions, didnt even ask for old lock. Great customer service. Can keep unlocked while inside the truck for immediate access. Get out I spin the combo cause I keep it with me . Lots of room for getting weapon out without banging side and potential discharge.

OP
OP
skerzz

skerzz

Reaction score
I'm hesitating on the E&G due to the 3 digit combo. A 4 digit combo would keep "curious kids" curious for a longer period of time (10K possible combinations vs 1K for a 3 digit lock)

FAS1

Reaction score
I know the console style safes are a pretty good option for the typical smash and grab thief, but I had a friend that apparently had a smarter thief target his truck.

I went by the shop that services my vehicles and the owner mentioned to me that his F250 console type vault was broken into recently during the day (lunch) at a Red Lobster parking lot. He said he was surprised and apparently a cordless sawzall was used. He said they probably took just a couple minutes to get it open. The first thing I thought about was that's how they were stealing catalytic converters a while back. The door wasn't cut, just the latch.

triple-guard-lock-system.gif

They were then able to bend the door enough and get it open. 12GA (7/64") steel isn't really very hard to bend. He said they broke the knob off the combo lock, but the lock was not breached. Seems to me they targeted him thinking there would be a gun in the console. No stickers on the truck, but just a truck in TX where anyone can have a gun with or without a permit. He didn't have one there this time. I guess with all the guns being left in vehicles, the thieves are doing what they need to and possibly carrying more tools. At least this one was. In all fairness I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just purchased lockerdown (2nd one I have purchased over the years). great people, honest, stand behind their product. ended up with the extreme case using the digital lock. so much easier to read the numbers vs the tumbler which is what I had on my first lockerdown.

call them and they will hook you up and give you a better price than advertised. they threw in a magnet as well.

https://www.lockerdown.com/i-72-exx...or-console-model-ld2045ex.html?ref=category:3