Gun mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@smurfslayer , how do those attach to the bottom of the rear seats? Velcro, straps or something else?

If straps to they interfere with seating? If velcro, are they solid?

What brand are they?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Smurf, how do those attach to the bottom of the rear seats? Velcro, straps or something else?

If straps to they interfere with seating? If velcro, are they solid?

What brand are they?

good questions.

The Sunrise seat Molle attach points attach to the bottom of the rear seat with velcro. It’s strong, or, as Dennis Leary might say - military grade.

I did Velcro straps; I bought some maxpedition molle straps but they’re not conducive to quick access.

Velcro straps came from Amazon. You will need one to secure the pistol grip, or as soon as you drop the seat, the gun will rotate.

You can’t quite see all of the seat belt assembly that comes through the seat, but, you can see the top. the seat can be lowered without interference. Literally, the bottom of the trigger guard is the front of the seat belt cut out in the seat.

This is a 7” barrel with a 3” qd flash can. It’s a little portly for such a ‘small’ gun, but it’s not more than say... 7 pounds as is. The velcro holds it fine.

A longer gun will easily fit, moving the mag well to the right more. Mind the muzzle brake or flash hider position. If poorly positioned, you could easily tear your other seat.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a mount on the outside of the console, several options, locating it near my right knee. Would prefer not putting holes in the console, was hoping to find a metal Long "L" shaped bracket that could be bolted underneath the edge of the console. Considering making one myself.

I just wanted to say that the magnetic ones are questionable in my opinion. I had two (!) rated at 20 lbs each that failed to hold a Glock-17 safely on rough roads. Didn't want to even try using a full-sized 1911. I'd steer clear of using only a magnet (or two) to hold a loaded firearm securely.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not just rough roads, think about this; What’s going to happen to your gun, secured by a magnet mount if you’re involved in a serious highway type collision? I am trying to think, but I’m at a loss for anything positive that will come of your gun coming separated from its retention in the event of a crash.

I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t have the gun readily accessible, but if you’re that serious about it, make sure it’s hard mounted.