Gun mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a solid mount point that should withstand at least moderate off roading and the trigger is covered preventing any unintentional discharges as a result of something jamming in between the trigger and guard.

I do not like the position they’re illustrating for that mount. The reason being, if you need to draw under duress, the muzzle has the very significant potential of covering your feet / legs. This has the potential to be bad for your immediate and future mobility at a minimum. I would consider something like the side of the center console -beside- my right leg if anywhere.

First, it’s a little less obvious, second, you can draw, index forward and present without covering yourself with practice.

I would strongly encourage you to get a blue gun, or use -only- the lower frame of your gun and work out how you would draw and present from anything you consider. It’s not as easy as you might think if you haven’t practiced it before.

Agreed. U must be Leo. I would mount it inside the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overpropped

Reaction score
Guys these magnets are really bad ideas. In an accident who knows where it will end up. Think road rage, other driver hits you. You reach for your blaster and come up with air. None of the magnets will hold these guns in an accident.

Read the analysis of the 1986 FBI shootout. The cops rammed the suspect and their guns ended up in the floor. Had a bad ending for many reasons.

I haven't figured out where to mount a positive lock holster that is easily accessible and out of sight yet in one of these.

Last edited:

Blkz06

Reaction score
Here's my post from the Console Organization thread (wouldn't have been found by searching "gun mount" because - surprise! - it wasn't about gun mounts!)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f263/console-organization-54536/index2.html#post1210499

attachment.php

In case anyone cares - Beretta APX 9mm in wolf grey (very close to my Avalanche Grey exterior, gotta have the matching truck gun!), Beretta IWB holster for it with velcro slapped on the inside of it, BLACKHAWK! Double Pistol Mag Pouch, and matching heavy duty velcro tape stuck to the inside of the console. Very sturdy stuff I've used for other applications in the past, this was a no-brainer to not drill short screws in to mount a holster.

As an NRA Pistol Instructor, I'd love to tell you all about how I don't believe in the exposed triggers on these out-in-the-open magnet mounts, but.... no one is going to listen anyways / "don't mess with Texas" / "I don't have children" / [insert your best excuse here]

Props.

This is a similar setup that I run in my trucks, except I use Black Arch holsters with a Prontos-M backer in hook and loop. It comes complete with high strength H&L tape for mounting, with the H&L already molded into the Kydex shell.

Stays secure, and you can pop it out of the console and stick in in your jeans IWB carry if desired.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Props.

This is a similar setup that I run in my trucks, except I use Black Arch holsters with a Prontos-M backer in hook and loop. It comes complete with high strength H&L tape for mounting, with the H&L already molded into the Kydex shell.

Stays secure, and you can pop it out of the console and stick in in your jeans IWB carry if desired.

Cool! Those look like some serious holsters, and I like that the H&L is already molded in to those, I'm having a little bit of trouble with the industrial strength Velcro Tape for the first time ever on this due to the weight of the loaded pistol, it just isn't gripping the bonded leather inside of the Beretta factory IWB holster very well when the temperature fluctuates, and this stuff grips anything!

Will have to mess with it and get it to stick with some heat on it before I go to using any CA glue and activator, I'd rather not use that if I don't have to and wreck the inside of the holster....

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for something to mount my AR pistol under my back seat.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m looking for something to mount my AR pistol under my back seat.

Easy Peasey!

Velcro F150 rear seat Molle capable attachment points.

Molle seat cover, armboard, armband, tactical, ford,

Velcro straps are enough, you can spend extra for stronger straps but probably not needed. Let me see if I can mock it up tomorrow.

I also bought some D-rings to hang a go bag, mag pouches, etc.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Easy Peasey!

Velcro F150 rear seat Molle capable attachment points.

Molle seat cover, armboard, armband, tactical, ford,

Velcro straps are enough, you can spend extra for stronger straps but probably not needed. Let me see if I can mock it up tomorrow.

I also bought some D-rings to hang a go bag, mag pouches, etc.

I used the tie down straps from the inside of a soft case and put my truck gun in the same place in the same way.

Reaction score
I took a regular kydex holster, cut the top off and removed the belt clip. Then took some heavy duty velcro and stuck it to the side of the console, right by my leg. I used a large strip of velcro on the console so that the holster can be positioned differently. The velcro is strong enough to hold the holster with the weapon in it securely. The trigger is still covered and I have a quick, comfortable, safe draw.

Attachments

• IMG-1722.jpg
    IMG-1722.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 58