GU Auto Tech 12 inch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I saw it. The deal killer to me is the $1800 price tag, especially when there are sub $1000 options out there.

Other points worth mentioning....
- removes SYNC, CDplayer/amp, AC control board, but does replace with own amp and AC controls. Cameras are retained though probably not as integrated since SYNC is missing.
- looks like it is 100% custom interface, no hint of andriod backbone.
- Has carplay compatibliy, but not android auto
- No ability to use apps from the Google Play Store
- Looks like it can be used as WiFi source? Confused on that one.
- Installation looks easier than the PX6, since it does not reuse existing parts.
- Perhaps less buggy than the PX6...since it does less things.
- Seems to have it's own nav system, with 3 years of upgrades.
- Because it uses smaller knobs for AC control, it fits the top buttons in the same as stock location, instead of moved to facing upwards. That''s a plus..maybe?

Honestly, the ability to use apps from the playstore is a huge plus for the PX6, and I don't think I could give that up regardless of price. I would likely even go for a smaller screen size just to retain full flexibility that you would normally get from any tablet.

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@melvimbe as a Gen 1 guy I don't pay much attention to Gen 2 products lol but looking at Stage3 on youtube and came across it.. so worth passing along.

And those are some serious drawbacks if you ask me, especially the price point. personally I'm fine with the current screen size we have as it's a damn truck and I prefer knobs and buttons vs touchscreen everything. But I have seen a few guys that say the hope Ford offers a screen like the Ram's... which I don't get but to each their own.

Seems like this screen would be alright if you're an apple fan.

thanks for adding your findings though!

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it worked as well as a stock unit I would consider.
Others of this type are reportedly buggy and have unsolvable issues.
Not looking for a long-term troubleshooting project on something that I need to use.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additional items to note:

- B&O radio systems are not supported
- No Android Auto
- You cannot install apps from Google Play, and no Google Maps.
- Quality of their "custom" navigation system is questionable & no upgrades after 3 years
- Reflective screen. Probably impossible to use under direct sunlight.
- As pointed above, you completely loose all Sync3 functionality (remote start, locate a vehicle)
- The cost is 2-3x times as other systems

One more video that goes over features:

I'm very much struggling to understand the benefit of this "upgrade".

Last edited:

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the money, I’d go Phoenix PX6. It’s got its issues, but if you can’t use google apps, what’s the point? You want added functionality, not less functionality on a bigger screen.