GT500 engine in Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, it'll be spendy for sure (up near XT pricing as FrogFlipper said). I wonder if it would be CA legal (hell, nothing's legal here in Taxifornia except incompetence in Sacramento and heavy taxation).

Pretty incredible - started off with 600HP and now they say it's putting out 750HP!

Looks stock too :)

3917_lg.jpg

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, I think I found out where my next bonus is going....

I can't wait to have 600 hp... Think you'd have to leave it in 4Hi around town? Lol, I want.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I know this is thread is 3 months old but I ran out of threads to read. LOL The 3v block are a different cast then the 2v/4v blocks. The heads aren't interchangeable. IIRC the 04-08 F-150 used the 4R70W and 4R100 trans as the 96-03 F-150, I don't see Ford changing the block for different bellhousing when the motor is going to be used for 2 more years chances are you could bolt our 6R80 to a GT500 or FR500CJ long block.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only question I have other than how to justify spending all that money on more power is how much more does that engine weigh than the 5.4 and the 6.2?

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only question I have other than how to justify spending all that money on more power is how much more does that engine weigh than the 5.4 and the 6.2?

Current production GT500 blocks weight less then the FGT block and are stronger. I don't know if the FR500SCJ block is FGT based or current GT500 based.

Bedouin

Reaction score
Just a quick question, i just found a nice 2010 gt500 engine at a scrapyard here in dubai, a totalled gt500 lol... so your saying if i just interchange the heads it would work with my pcm? what about the gearbox housing? any supline differences? how complicated would a engine swap be? i need to get more answers, im reallllyy considering getting that engine!

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get a WAY better powerplant than the 6.2L. A crate GT500 motor stock is 540/510 and a pulley change and tune easily catapults that to 600. You would need to put a ****LOAD of cash into a stock Raptor 5.4L or 6.2 to hit that number (reliably) on top of just the supercharger kit. I don't believe JDM or Hennessey are putting forged pistons, forged cranks or Ford GT aluminum heads on their blown motors.

If the goal is meeting the 540 crank HP, a 6.2L with $8000ish (parts, fab, and labor) into a custom turbo or centrifugal supercharger will get you there on stock internals - at a lot higher TQ number. If a shop did that GT500 motor swap with supporting mods, I'm betting north of $20k.

If starting with a 5.4L - Forge it. I paid $9500 for a fully built 5.4L long block for my Lightning years ago (started with a new block - sold my stock long block for $2000 after). Boost that and you are still going to be cheeper than the GT500 swap.

The only way a GT500 swap makes sense to me is if it is about bragging rights or pulling off something that few or none are doing. It doesn't make dollars and cents sense to me.

-Mark

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a quick question, i just found a nice 2010 gt500 engine at a scrapyard here in dubai, a totalled gt500 lol... so your saying if i just interchange the heads it would work with my pcm? what about the gearbox housing? any supline differences? how complicated would a engine swap be? i need to get more answers, im reallllyy considering getting that engine!

You can't just "swap heads" from a 4v GT500 engine to a 3v 5.4.