GT500 engine in Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking into this project pretty seriously.

I've got a 2010 GT500 in the garage along with my Raptor and my wild hair brain is working overtime.

There are some subtle differences (oil filter location, etc) but I think it can be done.

The nice thing about the crate GT500 engine vs. building up the motor in the truck (regardless of 5.4 or 6.2) already is obvious.

Great advantage about living in Socal is that one falls off their front porch and there are tons of top notch tuners in our backyard not to mention parts suppliers.

There was someone over at turdforumz that said that the GT500 motor would never work in a Raptor due to lack of torque.

LOL, my 540HP/510lb ft torque stock GT500 would disagree.

Crate motor is close to $15,000 for a brand new one.

Wrecks are less.

i know it won't be a "drop in" affair but still an interesting combo.

Anyone thinking of trading their 5.4L for a 6.2 should really think about this option instead.

You get a WAY better powerplant than the 6.2L. A crate GT500 motor stock is 540/510 and a pulley change and tune easily catapults that to 600. You would need to put a ****LOAD of cash into a stock Raptor 5.4L or 6.2 to hit that number (reliably) on top of just the supercharger kit. I don't believe JDM or Hennessey are putting forged pistons, forged cranks or Ford GT aluminum heads on their blown motors.

I was seriously thinking of importing an Australian BOSS 5.4L motor that puts out 400+ HP stock, but I do not believe that would be street legal here.

Stay tuned for more info.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I believe the boss makes great HP but does not have truck appropriate TQ

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaiser... thought it was the bot that had found that article... if I remembered it was you i would have linked to your thread...

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing article. Looks like there's someone truly running the raptor near it's limits...

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more like a little over them...

I wager that this package is going to put you close to XT prices