GT500 dead - Predator production line dedicated solely to Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've read/heard rumors of only 1800-2500 Raptor Rs being produced. However with the GT500 being discontinued, shouldn't this mean the entire Predator production line is essentially dedicated to the Raptor R then? Perhaps we'll see more produced than originally anticipated?

Thoughts?
They’re not building that small number of raptors because there’s not demand or production capacity does not allow it.

Ford Performance does this with all of their cars/trucks/suvs. It's supposed to be a "limited" run.

You also need to factor all of the other stuff that they do for the initial purchaser, like owners packages/kits, and experiences (Track Attack, Raptor Assault, etc) In order to provide the "Experience" for Ford Performance they limit production on everything.

Also just because the GT500 is done for the S550 chassis, does not speak to what it looks like for an S650, or any other variants Ford Performance may want to make during the S650 run.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes perfect sense alongside the redesigned F150 coming in MY2024.

Only 4 years for the current F150 gen? I doubt that. Previous gen had 6 years without limited supply, seems foolish to redesign so early. And there's not any new tech or trend that Ford can't incorporate into the existing Gen if needed.

Reaction score
Only 4 years for the current F150 gen? I doubt that. Previous gen had 6 years without limited supply, seems foolish to redesign so early. And there's not any new tech or trend that Ford can't incorporate into the existing Gen if needed.
It was teased at the dealer meeting, and there's plenty online about it, but don't take my advice. We'll see what MY24 looks like next year.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score