GT500 dead - Predator production line dedicated solely to Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read/heard rumors of only 1800-2500 Raptor Rs being produced. However with the GT500 being discontinued, shouldn't this mean the entire Predator production line is essentially dedicated to the Raptor R then? Perhaps we'll see more produced than originally anticipated?

Thoughts?

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an article on the predator motor line and how they were hand assembled posted here somewhere. No reason they can’t automate the building of this powerplant. I for one see no value in John Doe’s signature on my motor. Headwinds you’ll face are the other areas of the supply chain that will constrain what they bring to market. Also given the dark horse mustang being a new sub brand, you might see that motor pop up in a mustang somewhere. Think “Dark Horse Yellowstone” edition where Kate Dutton hammers down to defend her dads land…..

MrClean

Reaction score
They are shutting down the Remo Line where the 5.2 is hand built in December of this year. It’s been reported on going back almost 2 years.

I thought I heard in one of the videos when the R was released the engine would be built in the Dearborn Truck Plant.

I don’t expect many Raptor Rs will be built and a very short run. Likely 2 maybe 3 years.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Will be building Raptor r for 5-6 years of production. I have seen the production volumes that far out.
5-6 years??? Doubtful, especially with California emissions change for 2025, Im betting 2 maybe 3 years max

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought it was brought up and discussed that the Raptor R was going to have a production run of 3 years. With 1000 made each year. Aka, total of 3000 made.

And side note, 5000 total raptors made each year. Leaving 4000 3.5 raptors, with those split between 35 and 37s.

So says the all mighty internet and everything you read is true, right? Lol