Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GT500 as an investment?

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Johnfaeglasgow, Jun 29, 2019.

1. BIG TIME BALLER

BIG TIME BALLER Full Access Member

I think the C8 Corvette starting at $60k just blew GT500 ADMs out of the water.

Who is going to pay a premium for the GT500, when a better performing, updated, exotic look vehicle is available for less?

smurfslayer likes this.
  2. zombiekiller

zombiekiller FRF Addict

people in California

(no offense intended to Californians reading this, but for some reason, your neighbors all want some things so bad that they are super willing to out pay the next person, even though there isn't a shortage and all they'd have to do is wait a couple of weeks.)

SilverBolt likes this.
  3. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

I would say that a GT500 would not be an investment. I have an 08’ and its gone down in value over the last 10 years.

[​IMG]

4. Racemetal

Racemetal Member

Spot on!!! The C8 has to be the most disruptive high performance car to come along in many years. One local dealer gave me an ADM of “MSRP plus $100” on the GT500 so I figured a hundred bucks isn’t so bad. Haha Yep, $100,000 on top of the $115k or so for a fully loaded GT500.

So you can get a GT500 well north of $200k or a C8 well south of $100k. Interesting math for sure.... I’ll be watching this one from the sidelines.

borzraptor and BIG TIME BALLER like this.
  5. zombiekiller

zombiekiller FRF Addict

200K is gently used GT3RS territory. That Ford dealer is high AF.

6. borzraptor

borzraptor Full Access Member

Lol "investment." The only 'limited production' cars that appreciate or at least hold their value pretty well are either super/hypercars or vehicles that were not publicly known as limited production. Look at the Gen 1, Ford never stated how many they intended to make in any press release and rather it was more of an experiment. Now those things are holding their value pretty damn well because of that unexpected or unknown scarcity. Another example was last-gen Viper. Dodge never announced in any press release how many units they'd be making and they never announced that they are discontinuing the Viper until the near end of the final GTS and ACR productions. If you're looking fora good 'investment' sports car or a car under $200k, any Porsche (moreso 911) with paint to sample color code or a GT2/3/RS is your bet. I also find that generally, most 911s hold their value the best out of all the European sports cars. I was checking AutoTrader a few days ago and even 2014 991 Turbos are still above the $110k-$115k threshold. Good luck with whatever decision you make man. Don't let money drive your purchase for a car, if you like it, buy it. **** the numbers!