GT500 allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oceanbnd

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you a member of SVTPerformance? May want to check out the 2020 GT500 forum and ask there.
I am not. Something tells me most hardcore mustang folks are going to laugh at my question anyways. But there’s always the diamond in the rough dealer that may not only have an allocation but may only ask MSRP and the $2k price the dealers had to pay to get an early release (or so I’ve heard)

CNAIMO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a dealer in MA that has allocation and mentioned they want 5K over ... DM if you are interested

MinGrey02Stg2

Reaction score
I am not. Something tells me most hardcore mustang folks are going to laugh at my question anyways. But there’s always the diamond in the rough dealer that may not only have an allocation but may only ask MSRP and the $2k price the dealers had to pay to get an early release (or so I’ve heard)

I've seen a bit of discussion saying that the hopes of getting one at, or close to MSRP are about zero right now. You needed to be in touch with dealers about 6 months ago for that to happen, but that's not to say you can't still get one... just not at MSRP.

How would you spec it?

OP
OP
Oceanbnd

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a bit of discussion saying that the hopes of getting one at, or close to MSRP are about zero right now. You needed to be in touch with dealers about 6 months ago for that to happen, but that's not to say you can't still get one... just not at MSRP.

How would you spec it?

I was just musing getting the tech package and green or orange color

OP
OP
Oceanbnd

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to most on the GT500 forum, unlikely to get an allocation. Some have called countless numbers with no luck. There is however a way to pay the $2000 buy in for a dealer to get into the ‘20 Shelby program but you’d get it summer next year