Grinding noise on startup 2017 3.5L Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gargamel is just another iteration of a quite infamous ecoboost user who goes by many names... Sasquatch77 Every time he gets banned he makes a new username and posts with exactly the same mantra.

its kinda creepy

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Or, it's indicative of a widespread problem... Maybe why they have redesigned the cam phasers again?
I am surprised you would think this acceptable.

OP
OP
W

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why doesnt a admin delete this guy already?

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Or, it's indicative of a widespread problem... Maybe why they have redesigned the cam phasers again?
I am surprised you would think this acceptable.

Are the cam phasers underneath the truck? :flipthebird:

Last edited:

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most 2017s make this noise. I heard a few others today at the dealer. I am living with it for now. If all other trucks do it, I dont care.

I did have the PCM and TCM updated for hard shifts and the trans is sooo much better now!

When did they release the updates? My truck was built in late January curious if I'm up to date

OP
OP
W

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! Happy to help! I am sure he will be back though. Seems like the guy has too much time on his hands.