Grille painted matte black??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K.O.

Reaction score
Has anyone painted their entire grille matte/satin black?:everything: If so post some pics I wanna see!!!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I've seen a few members have theirs painted. I too would like to see this since I will be doing my flares and grill once I get f+r bumpers.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a pic of one that someone plastidip'd, but I can't find it now. With all the detail, it would be a pain in the arse to peel it off if you didn't like it.

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine with red outline grill letters from Designs&Signs. Satin black with a couple coats of matte clear coat. After having my bumpers and flares line-X'd it didn't match anything else so I painted it.

9576-grill-letters-designs-signs.jpg

I saw a pic of one that someone plastidip'd, but I can't find it now. With all the detail, it would be a pain in the arse to peel it off if you didn't like it.

I tried plastidip first and it looked OK for almost a year but then started showing rips and tears from bugs and rocks. And yes removing plastidip from the grill is a major pain in the ass. I did find that the citrus goo gone does a decent job of removing it though.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine with red outline grill letters from Designs&Signs. Satin black with a couple coats of matte clear coat. After having my bumpers and flares line-X'd it didn't match anything else so I painted it.

9576-grill-letters-designs-signs.jpg

I tried plastidip first and it looked OK for almost a year but then started showing rips and tears from bugs and rocks. And yes removing plastidip from the grill is a major pain in the ass. I did find that the citrus goo gone does a decent job of removing it though.

Yeah, that looks bad ass. Thanks for the clue on the goo gone. I have shots of your truck saved on my pc for reference on the Line-X flares and bumpers. I am contemplating that myself. Nicely done!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Various lighting. 5 months and 12,000 miles. Countless trips to the car wash with a pressure washer and lots of bugs. Not a tear yet.

6cad85e26a0dea9e4d2b0895633fd822.jpg

9cb664262da0fae587d422b56a9519cb.jpg

c02e7326f2936cf78db8f5e339e9c25e.jpg

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to paint my grille black. You guys just paint it yourself with a rattle can?

I used Plastidip. Held up for 11 months and 20,000 miles now. Only mishap was got crazy with the pressure washer trying to get a bug off. Dip tore and just painted over it.