Grill light, parking light fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy. I do have forscan so will dive into that.

now I did get the truck back from having an ACC sensor relocation above the SVC intercooler.

I’m wondering if there’s a harness that maybe wasn’t plugged in? Because the rear corner lights are fine as well as the DRLs in the Morimoto lights.

is the harness a big deal to get to? Is it the same harness for 3 grill lights and front corner lights ?

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need IDS (Ford dealer scan tool) or ForScan. ForScan is available for free online, you just need a tool like OBD link to connect to the vehicle.

Forscan pulled up this error.

"Code: 81446 - Front Park Lamps Output

Additional Fault Symptom
-Circuit short to ground

-DTC present at time of request
Malfunction Indicator Lamp is off for this DTC

Module: Body Control Module :

so assuming its a pinched wire somewhere? I did get them to flash briefly with a remote start but then they went out again.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Additional Fault Symptom
-Circuit short to ground

so assuming its a pinched wire somewhere? I did get them to flash briefly with a remote start but then they went out again.
Are there any aftermarket circuits tied into the parking lamps? If so, you’ll get a short to ground (over current) DTC. If not, the harness may have been damaged during the CCM relocation that you mentioned. I’d start with a basic visual inspection before testing circuits.

OP
OP
R

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Additional Fault Symptom
-Circuit short to ground

definitely sounds pinched, being that you mentioned they flash briefly, then probably triggers the fault from the ground.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any aftermarket circuits tied into the parking lamps? If so, you’ll get a short to ground (over current) DTC. If not, the harness may have been damaged during the CCM relocation that you mentioned. I’d start with a basic visual inspection before testing circuits.

nothing tied into the parking lamps that I’m aware of. Tomorrow morning I’m going to remove the grill and take a peek at the harness.

@FordTechOne you wouldn’t happen to have the model number of that loom would you incase I want to order one ? Sadly I don’t really have a day off after tomorrow until September 14th ‍‍

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to head down to SVC next week.

@FordTechOne i didn’t see anything wrong with that wiring when I pulled the grill. I did see that you mentioned earlier in the thread if the code is triggered enough the part needs to be replaced.

is this a part I can order so I can take it with me down to SVC?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to head down to SVC next week.

@FordTechOne i didn’t see anything wrong with that wiring when I pulled the grill. I did see that you mentioned earlier in the thread if the code is triggered enough the part needs to be replaced.

is this a part I can order so I can take it with me down to SVC?
Not trying to speak for FTO, but when he says the part needs to be replaced he means the BCM, which is the computer that controls most of the non powertrain functions of the truck. That is one of the reasons it's strongly recommended not connecting anything to existing wiring.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to speak for FTO, but when he says the part needs to be replaced he means the BCM, which is the computer that controls most of the non powertrain functions of the truck. That is one of the reasons it's strongly recommended not connecting anything to existing wiring.

thank you for the reply!

spoke with SVC. Nothing was wired into existing circuitry.

Adapt bar is wired to upfitter switch and battery.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nothing tied into the parking lamps that I’m aware of. Tomorrow morning I’m going to remove the grill and take a peek at the harness.

@FordTechOne you wouldn’t happen to have the model number of that loom would you incase I want to order one ? Sadly I don’t really have a day off after tomorrow until September 14th ‍‍
I'll see if I can look it up tomorrow