Grill light, parking light fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My grill lights stopped working as well as the front Amber clearance lights. Can someone point me to the right fuse? The manual is uselsss

OP
OP
R

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you fid a solution, I'm having the same issue?THX
it happened when i put in the morimoto headlights
basically whenever the current is off from what it should be. the BCM will fault and turn off parking and grill lights.
Need to reset the BCM code to clear it out. what usually works is turning my light switch from auto to off and back a few times to get it back on.

Stef700

Reaction score
basically whenever the current is off from what it should be. the BCM will fault and turn off parking and grill lights.
Need to reset the BCM code to clear it out. what usually works is turning my light switch from auto to off and back a few times to get it back on.
Oke, gonna try this. Thx

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is partially correct. However, resetting the BCM DTCs is only a temporary fix. If the current draw varies from factory, the BCM will continue to set the DTCs. After a predetermined number of faults, the BCM will enter a failure mode and set DTC U3000:49, at which point it must be replaced.

OP
OP
R

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is partially correct. However, resetting the BCM DTCs is only a temporary fix. If the current draw varies from factory, the BCM will continue to set the DTCs. After a predetermined number of faults, the BCM will enter a failure mode and set DTC U3000:49, at which point it must be replaced.
Thanks for that info. My fault went away after i turned i switched my turn signals from sequential to solid. But i will keep this in mind if my BCM DTC comes back

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Same issue here. Tried the switching back and forth of lights from off to auto but no luck. Did you do this with the car off? Ignition on ? Motor running ?
Also removed the sequential function of the Morimoto lights but no dice there either.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm. Same issue here. Tried the switching back and forth of lights from off to auto but no luck. Did you do this with the car off? Ignition on ? Motor running ?
Also removed the sequential function of the Morimoto lights but no dice there either.
The BCM will have DTCs in it for the circuit fault. You may be able to clear them to reset it, but if the fault has occurred too many times it may permanently disable the circuit.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

Is there anyway to read the errors to be 100% ? I didn’t have anything come up on the Cobb handheld.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

Is there anyway to read the errors to be 100% ? I didn’t have anything come up on the Cobb handheld.
You will need IDS (Ford dealer scan tool) or ForScan. ForScan is available for free online, you just need a tool like OBD link to connect to the vehicle.