Gremlins: Lost Audio / Volume Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Started truck to head out this afternoon, and no audio. Turn volume control knob - nada; no indicator/no control. Try steering controls - nope. Soon realized that Sync lost her voice. No radio volume, Siri, Navigation, XM, iOS CarPlay. Volume control shows no volume and no way to adjust. Turn off truck and open door, wait. Close and restart truck - same issue. Get to destination and try turning off truck and open/wait/close door again - restart and same issue. Preform Sync reset/reboot (Power button and Right Seek 10sec) - system reboots and issue continues. Researched and eventually pull fuse (#28) for amplifier. Insert, start truck and Sync voice is back. Gremlins...

BigLael

Reaction score
Same issue battery had died and pulled out and charged put back in 2019 and now no volume on radio just stays at 0

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Same issue battery had died and pulled out and charged put back in 2019 and now no volume on radio just stays at 0

So you have e been living with no audio for 3 years, or it just started happening after charging your battery 3 years ago?

I believe there is a procedure after replacing the battery. Have to reset it in Forescan.

BRAPTOR123

Reaction score
the volume zero issue just happened to me a few days ago. The strange part is when the ignition kicks off at a red light the audio works but will go back to zero once the truck starts back up. Have tried all the following and nothing: pull fuse 28, disconnect/reconnect amp, toggle different drive modes, autostart, regular start, disconnect/reconnect battery, reset stereo to factor settings…going to have to take into dealer unless the forum has some ideas for me

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the volume zero issue just happened to me a few days ago. The strange part is when the ignition kicks off at a red light the audio works but will go back to zero once the truck starts back up. Have tried all the following and nothing: pull fuse 28, disconnect/reconnect amp, toggle different drive modes, autostart, regular start, disconnect/reconnect battery, reset stereo to factor settings…going to have to take into dealer unless the forum has some ideas for me
Do you have any devices paired to it when the issue occurs? Start by removing all USB cords/devices and perform a Sync Master Reset. Then re-evaluate without any devices connected to the system. don’t pair any device. If it still happen check the Sync website to see if any software updates are available.

BRAPTOR123

Reaction score
T
Do you have any devices paired to it when the issue occurs? Start by removing all USB cords/devices and perform a Sync Master Reset. Then re-evaluate without any devices connected to the system. don’t pair any device. If it still happen check the Sync website to see if any software updates are available.
Thanks for the response. My truck wont seem to update to 3.4 when told to search for updates via wifi and I tried the usb route which keeps throwing an lst error….