Greetings from Texas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blemm13

Reaction score
I called Cobb and they told me there was no way to determine if my truck was tuned without an accessport (I.e. they don’t keep record of VINs).

I am also considering taking the KC light bar off. I like the look of the truck without them, and feel the light bar is a little “loud” and distracting. I would probably get a bar to mount on the grille to supplement the headlights for off-roading, as they are a little more subtle. My only concern is the holes that are drilled into the roof for both appearance and sealing them. Thoughts?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but why would a tune require a higher octane?

I’m not running a tune currently, but have looked into a few. The only one I’m aware of that maintains the ability to run 87 without a dedicated 87 tune is the ORA550 tune. Maybe there are others now?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tuned to a 93 because of the DSC. I can run low grade 87....but the truck lets me know it is not happy. Not knock or ping, just an overall sluggish and heavy feeling. 93 makes it light and happy and good throttle response

87 and a bottle of octane boost helps but it averages about the same at the pump