Great Gas Mileage - Ticking front engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first questions is....

Is 620 miles to a tank normal for a 2017 Raptor or could this truck have a tune? Defintely not complaining as this is incredible for what it weighs and for the engine.

After the truck warms up, there is a slight ticking noise directly behind the front of the grill. The soudn is maybe a little lower, sounds louder on the passenger side, but I'm slightly deaf in one ear, so fk me right? Lol. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
620 is do-able for sure. I get more like 520 tuned. It is a 34 gallon tank, so thats 18.2 MPG.

The ticking is from the direct injection, it is a VERY high pressure system, and the ticking is normal.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean Jesus, it ticks like something is really wrong with it lol.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The sound is maybe a little lower, sounds louder on the passenger side," Not sure what you mean by a little lower, but if it's on the passenger side only I also think it's just the high-pressure fuel pump. If you take the engine cover off you can see it. Silver colored, round, couple of steel lines going in and out of it.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 I run around 18 MPG give or take. I usually get 600 miles on a fill up. By the way I do not drive in a lot of traffic more rural. I also rarely push it but when I do I use sport mode and it performs well for a 6000 lb truck.