Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Fake news man. i am on my 3rd Ford with the pano roof. 14 explorer, 18 explorer, 18 raptor. no issues at all. do not let a few random failures out of literally millions of units scare you away.
Whatever. I have a GEN1 with a moonroof.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the difference between Invoice and MSRP? What does the number before any discounts on the sticker represent?

"invoice" is what the dealer paid for the truck. "msrp" is what ford recommends the dealer sell it for.

It varies by make and model, but the difference is usually 12-17% and that is profit to the dealer. Contrary to what you think, dealers rarley "make money" from car sales. The goal is to sell as many cars as you can, in hopes your customers will bring their vehicles back to them for service.

The dealer gets paid by ford to do warranty work, and out of warranty work is paid by customers.

Service departments are what make dealerships money.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"invoice" is what the dealer paid for the truck. "msrp" is what ford recommends the dealer sell it for.

It varies by make and model, but the difference is usually 12-17% and that is profit to the dealer. Contrary to what you think, dealers rarley "make money" from car sales. The goal is to sell as many cars as you can, in hopes your customers will bring their vehicles back to them for service.

The dealer gets paid by ford to do warranty work, and out of warranty work is paid by customers.

So how do you know what the dealer pays for a vehicle? I suppose it varies by volume?

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And don’t forget holdback and auto manufacturer bonuses for meeting sales numbers.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Generally true. But my buddy owns a Honda dealership and body shop is the biggest profit center by far. (If they have one)

D

Deleted member 12951

What is the difference between Invoice and MSRP? What does the number before any discounts on the sticker represent?
If you don’t know the difference, find someone else to do the negotiations for you otherwise the sales person is going to eat you alive.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I meant MSRP. That's the target price I'm looking for.. $5-$6K below MSRP.. but seems like not happening in CA as many of them still trying to add like $5K as mark up.

$5K - $6K under invoice ain't happening, especially in Cali. I ordered my 2020 for a little below invoice (not in Cali) and they sell most of their Raptors that are in stock for $1K under invoice. That usually works out to $4K-$6K under MSRP. There's still a couple dealers around here that try to get $5K over MSRP.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don’t know the difference, find someone else to do the negotiations for you otherwise the sales person is going to eat you alive.

That's why I'm trying to learn here Chief. I've seen $7-10k under MSRP out there recently if you look hard enough.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I meant MSRP. That's the target price I'm looking for.. $5-$6K below MSRP.. but seems like not happening in CA as many of them still trying to add like $5K as mark up.

LOL...yeah...California is a joke...but you know that. $6k off MSRP is the starting point in the midwest.

Fly out here...buy your truck....and have a nice road trip home with an extra $6-9k in your bank account

https://www.bommaritoford.com/new-Hazelwood-2019-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG9KFC45877