Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomhorn

Reaction score
ford performance formerly svt gives no breaks on anything ever 9/11 same End of the world scenario they only do breaks on run of the mill production vehicles

Tomhorn

Reaction score
have a 14 and a 19 the 14 super crew the 19 supercab 14 1100lbs heavier you run premium in that truck and off road it smokes the whiney 19 bitch I like them both but turbos are a different animal 14 responds a lot better my wife will only drive the 14 and we are 10 miles off paved road she hates the ecobitch, that being said I got the factory option for ramps stored in bed have aftermarket ramps for 14 the 19 ramps are fantastic and im glad I went with that option

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard that Ford was offering 0% also, is that true and would that apply to raptor? Been sitting on the fence for a long time, that may get me to move.

0% APR for 84 mos.

Not available on F-150 Raptor.

The Raptor is excluded from most promotions, read the details.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great deals are a 2 edged sword. Yes, you will get some cheaper cars, but existing resale value will fall as well.

Why buy used when new is so cheap.

I think you will see finance deals before crazy low prices.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen 12-15% off MSRP. I'm betting that will rise to 15-18% as dealers won't want to chance having new 19's around when the 21's come out. At that point a new 19' will be the same price as an 18' today with 40k miles!

dezthumper

Reaction score
I try not to think of the value of what happened to Hummer values 10-15 years ago during the recession. Considered, at the time, “the vehicle” to own, then.... recession, and price points cut in half. Literally...

I remember the sale ads for all full size trucks, will have to dig them out - 50% off sticker for most full size SUVs, all trucks, anything not small or considered a “wise spend.” Owners of Hummers and other luxury vehicles that didn’t sell prior to the price cliff lost their @$$es - hell, the dealers would even take them in as trade or allow for negative equity to the buyer willing to assume the equity loss into the new car they desperately wanted to get into and away from the non essential vehicle...

Price cliffs are coming. Dealers with poor debt to equity ratios will do all they can to clear out the high priced non essential luxury vehicles to alleviate their cash poor positions in parallel path to FoMoCo cutting production.

The dozens of dealers across the country that have my email address due to an inquiry I’ve made on one of their used Raptor are pleading me to reengage with them. All have shared, in differing emails, that have modified hours of operation and most of the original sales associates are gone and I’m dealing with managers or General Managers. Almost all have communicated normalized to extreme measures they’ve implemented in their SOPs to sterilize all test driven vehicles. Price points for the 18 leadfoot grays with the specific options I’m looking for have dropped $1000 - $1500 in this initial pandemic phase - the ensuing months will realize America’s worst recession, or according to the many fact-checked experts, a depression. Most executives I work with in non essential industries have implemented lay offs or are making announcements Monday. Industries one would not, off the top of their head, would think would be affected - the supply chains for the travel industry,

Most of us on the forums will not give a thought non priorities

most of the after market parts manufacturers and retail sales, just like in depressions of the past, unfortunately don’t have the staying power (war chest of cash) and will also close - with tightened wallets, one will not tend to buy fog lights for $1200, that discretionary cash will be used to make a house pmt.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have a 14 and a 19 the 14 super crew the 19 supercab 14 1100lbs heavier you run premium in that truck and off road it smokes the whiney 19 bitch I like them both but turbos are a different animal 14 responds a lot better my wife will only drive the 14 and we are 10 miles off paved road she hates the ecobitch, that being said I got the factory option for ramps stored in bed have aftermarket ramps for 14 the 19 ramps are fantastic and im glad I went with that option
I want some of what you're smoking.

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find one you like for a price you will pay, buy it; you only live once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Price cliffs are coming. Dealers with poor debt to equity ratios will do all they can to clear out the high priced non essential luxury vehicles to alleviate their cash poor positions in parallel path to FoMoCo cutting production.

I disagree.

Even now, you have dealers still bitterly clinging to their ADM over MSRP in some areas, despite the general population being able to secure a deal over the internet for several thousand under MSRP. 19’s are still only lot not because they won’t sell, but because they won’t sell for stupid money.

I heard on FRF - so it must be true, right? - that lot of the well off stealerships would purchase Raptors from other, scrupulous dealers and then turn the truck into MSRP +5/10/15/20k ADM sale. Now, in 2017, they had stupid people to pay stupid money, heck, even 2018’s it took until about mid-year until under MSRP became fairly common.

The Raptors in inventory of at risk stealerships will be sold off to other stealerships to sell, they won’t go at a loss. They can sell at about 7.5k under MSRP + a year’s worth of depreciation, but that’s the thing that’s keeping them on lots now.

It’s not really a financially smart deal to pick up a 2019 in MY2020 when it’s pretty much the same cost as the 2020. It’s less expensive, but it’s already a year depreciated in value. It’s essentially the same truck, but if you had to sell it 2 days after buying it, you’re not sitting pretty.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

Even now, you have dealers still bitterly clinging to their ADM over MSRP in some areas, despite the general population being able to secure a deal over the internet for several thousand under MSRP. 19’s are still only lot not because they won’t sell, but because they won’t sell for stupid money.

I heard on FRF - so it must be true, right? - that lot of the well off stealerships would purchase Raptors from other, scrupulous dealers and then turn the truck into MSRP +5/10/15/20k ADM sale. Now, in 2017, they had stupid people to pay stupid money, heck, even 2018’s it took until about mid-year until under MSRP became fairly common.

The Raptors in inventory of at risk stealerships will be sold off to other stealerships to sell, they won’t go at a loss. They can sell at about 7.5k under MSRP + a year’s worth of depreciation, but that’s the thing that’s keeping them on lots now.

It’s not really a financially smart deal to pick up a 2019 in MY2020 when it’s pretty much the same cost as the 2020. It’s less expensive, but it’s already a year depreciated in value. It’s essentially the same truck, but if you had to sell it 2 days after buying it, you’re not sitting pretty.

Good point. But you still get to go to Utah either way!