Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"long time listener, first time caller...."

Just pulled the trigger and joined the club, so here's a little real-time data. First, I was looking for a very particular combination: Performance Blue, Blue Recaro interior, bead-lock, 802A and NO sunroof. If I could have budged on the sunroof or color, deals are out there at for at or 1-2k below invoice pretty easy if you search. However, getting to the desired "out-the-door" number can get entertaining as dealers add 400 to 2500 in "fees" on top of the price, which taxes land on top price+fees.

Had a deal done with a dealer in Winter Haven FL at below invoice but with 2k of fees. Bottom line OTD was good had a verbal agreement over the phone, but they balked and re-traded the next day, adding 2500 to the OTD. That told me something has changed in the market and "below invoice" is no longer the mark (for that truck at that dealer).

Had a local dealer do a nationwide search for my spec and found 8 trucks. Called all 8 and got "best price" from each. Closed a deal below invoice + 400 fees for the last 2019 with my spec in the US. Out-the-door after tax for about 3k below MSRP. Most were 1-2k above invoice + fees + taxes for 2020 with my spec. Some held firm at MSRP.

My observation is the lack of production from Dearborn + demand for full-size truck despite economic slow down has tilted power a bit back to the dealer. There is a TON of inventory out there and still a lot of 2019 product, but dealers are worried about getting more inventory as it's likely there will only be another month of 2020 production (if re-start goes well). If flexible on color, options and geography, deals are out there, but it's not crazy yet for 2020s.

Congrats! Could you provide the actual numbers? MSRP vs. what you actually paid before tax? I ended up 6.8% off of MSRP, but I can't find how that relates to invoice pricing.

Reaction score
Sure: 67999 vs. 74754 MSRP. Invoice was 69663. Invoice is roughly 93% of invoice. Options can make that move a bit as they are 91% of MSRP.

If you do a little digging on sites like TrueCar or Edmunds, invoice pricing is relatively easy to find.

The more challenging part is "holdback" or other dealer incentives based on volumes (here the OEM pays a bonus to move a certain number of units). Those programs are what drives erratic behavior at the end of the month (ex: If dealer moves 5 more units, he'll get $5k, therefore I can discount the 5th unit 3k and still come out ahead). All kinds of crazy stuff happens at 5p (and later) at on the last day of the month. Of course, prior model year units will have the programs on top of that.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Edmunds, but it would keep kicking out the 802A package if I added any options like the loading ramps or spray in liner. I'll give TrueCar a try. Doesn't look like I got quite invoice, but I'm happy with the deal considering they are still asking 5-10K above MSRP in Alaska. Thanks for the info!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck I bought last week no longer shows up in the Ford search engine. Neither do three other 801As that were there last week. And another one that went away last week, after months of no change. I'd say things are moving now in Colorado. Is that a trend or just pent-up demand after six weeks of lockdown? Dunno. I'm definitely in the pent-up group.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer still has 8 Raptors with two of them being 19's. They normally stock 3-4, however they are running low on F-150's. This is a huge dealer and I could see them running out of certain trim levels of F-150's before their shipments come in.

Some dealers are glad they were stocked up. Too bad they don't at least offer a financing deal on Raptors. My guess is Ford doesn't want to devalue the Raptor brand.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my build comes out to $73,535. What would a good price be?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sticker was $74185 (802a w/moonroof & beadlocks) and I got it for $69834. Not saying this is the craziest deal out there but definitely a good point to shift from. Dunno how likely a dealer would be willing to cut you a deal like this seeing as it's an order truck and not one off the lot but good luck. @911 Crazy What happened to the Leadfoot one on the lot that you saw?