Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by 911 Crazy, Mar 21, 2020.

1. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Yeah, even though they cannot sell it to me tomorrow, they brought it over to my house to tease me, LOL

[​IMG]

911 Crazy likes this.
  2. MG21

MG21 Full Access Member

That 8 year warranty is pretty sweet!

The 2 19's I was looking at are $73,600 down to $66k and $68.6 down to $63,250.

Id pay a bit more for a 20 with a warranty for 8 y ears.

3. BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor Full Access Member

I concur. The 2020 model is the way to go.

4. df4801

df4801 FRF Addict

might as well wait for the 2021. It will be heavily discounted

5. SoCal_LF

SoCal_LF Member

Willing to share that dealer info? Looking to buy one soon :)

6. txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks Full Access Member

paid 47,500 for a 17' with 29k miles. loaded out

it's a cool truck. just in no way worth 65k. new or not, no matter what options it has

warranty's= the only agreement where you pay up front but the other party gets to make a promise you can only hopefully cash in on later.

rather have more money off upfront any day

Lightning_Lad likes this.
  7. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Depends how you use it. I never ever bought extended warranties as I agree with you. But on my GEN1 I did buy a Ford one for $1750 because I planned on off-roading it. Best investment ever. They have probably done over $15k in work through that warranty. If you have this truck to be a street queen, probably isn’t worth buying.

8. GTTXRAP

GTTXRAP Hook'em Horns

There is only so much money in these things. Only way dealers will tack on more is rebates--which could come next month, but not counting on it. Truck sales are actually pretty strong still.

My dealer (Maxwell Austin) is at $7500 off all day everyday on '20's. Has like 18 in stock.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 9.20.05 AM.png

hj_s14 likes this.
  9. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Actually I would think the opposite. Most guys who are serious about offroading wind up throwing mods at their trucks. We are all aware of the main performance mods people do w/ these trucks & depending what you believe/who you ask the potential for a warranty void situation is there & only ratchets up the more extensive the mod. There's a thread on here where a guy had his warranty voided on his front diff grenading b/c he had eibach front springs. So I wouldn't be recommending that as a rationale behind buying an extended warranty at all.

That being said - I only do occasional mild off-roading (new engalnd logging roads/gravel roads/open field type stuff), but do use the Raptor as a truck towing utility trailer/jet skis/load up w/ stone/mulch in bed etc. I run a GH tune - and I DID purchase an extended b2b 100k warranty. WHY? Well my last GM truck had the factory nav/infotainment system rendered esssentially useless, touch screen interface malfunctioning etc. I researched & found there could be a number of fit/finish/design issues w/ Ford trucks especially in terms of body welds, water infiltration, pano roof issues, etc. ALL those dumb little electronic/trim issues that don't necessarily impede the use of the truck as a basic vehicle, BUT make driving it outside of warranty when something like that fails quite annoying as your shelling out $$ to repair a non-wear, non-essential, non-mechanical expense BS part. Like a window regulator, a coolant line, a turbo actuator, an infotainment screen, a pano roof panel, an LED light with moisture penetration - ETC.

While never happy about a mechanical failure, alot of times when something like a tie rod or ball joint or part of the brake system fails just outside of warranty - I at least get some "enjoyment" knowing I'll be replacing the failure w/ an "upgraded" part or doing a new mod. A bad cat outta warranty may be an excuse to splurge on down pipes or upgraded turbos, a leaking pano roof or non-functional steering wheel buttons? Thats just a BS PITA - one that I'd be glad I have a warranty for.

10. BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor Full Access Member