Grapplers or R/Ts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting new tires this week and like my R/Ts however tire guy is telling me ridge grapplers are better ride and quieter. 75% street driving just curious as only nittos I have ran were their radials on a street/strip car.

OP
OP
Blown00gt

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply however not really concerned about looks. Honestly think I like the looks of the Toyos better.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how the Toyos come in load range C in the 315/70/17 size like stock. Nitto does not so ride might suffer a bit.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
No experience with either. I always run the KO2’s or Toyo MT’s on my trucks.

However I just ordered some Yoko Geolandars as I think they look nasty and got a good deal on them so going to try them out

Asinine

Reaction score
I have Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep - best tire I’ve ever owned. Smooth ride to the trails, rock crawl all weekend, smooth ride home. No balancing required either.

Maxcap

Reaction score
I have the Ridge Grapplers on my 2017, and love them on and off road. Upgraded from the OEM Ko2's around 24K, when they started slipping and sliding with any real acceleration. Discount tire has a great price and $100 off promo thru tomorrow.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Ridge Grapplers on my 2018 802a and they are quiet and smooth on the highway. Replaced K02s that had gotten crazy noisy. Have K02s new on my Jeep Wrangler and would do Ridge Grapplers if I could do it over. Just a more quiet better riding tire for me.

T

teeoster

I went with 35 Toyo M/T's on my Gen 2 and found them to be a great tire, and much, much quieter than the Ridge grapplers I ran before. Ride better too.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Toyo M/Ts on previous lifted trucks, and now I am running 37" R/Ts on my Raptor. In the past, the Ridge Grapplers got louder and louder as the wore down. I have not experienced a louder sound with any of my Toyo's as they age. Maybe they have improved the quietness on the Nittos over the years, but it used to be an issue.