Grabber X3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Parker

Reaction score
Just bought my first Raptor. It is a used 2018 with 35x12.5x17 grabber X3 tires. The vehicle has 21k miles. Tires look new. Just had an alignment and balance. Alignment is within specs with slight negative camber QUESTION: At less than 10 mph, the tires sound like a tank at highway speeds it roars. In comparison to my wife’s 2020 Sierra with the same size tires, her Nitto Grabbers are much quieter. Is this normal? Air pressure at 39

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several sets of grabbers from the original red letter to the current x3. Make sure they are road forced balanced as these are a heavy tire. As far as noise goes they are definitely louder than bfg ko2. I tried many different tire pressures and found that 38f and 34r is the best for overall comfort and performance on road. I felt 39psi is to high for a e-rated tire. Off road drop about 4-6 lbs. The lower rear pressure will keep the truck more planted and float over bumps. If it makes you feel any better the road noise is significantly better than the original grabber red letter. Hope this helps.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I have had several sets of grabbers from the original red letter to the current x3. Make sure they are road forced balanced as these are a heavy tire. As far as noise goes they are definitely louder than bfg ko2. I tried many different tire pressures and found that 38f and 34r is the best for overall comfort and performance on road. I felt 39psi is to high for a e-rated tire. Off road drop about 4-6 lbs. The lower rear pressure will keep the truck more planted and float over bumps. If it makes you feel any better the road noise is significantly better than the original grabber red letter. Hope this helps.

wow. off-road I ran 37x1250 grabber x3s at 20 psi cold and they were the D rated variant.

OP- 39 psi is on the high end for small bump compliance. The lower the tire pressure, the worse the gas mileage will be. I ran my 37s at 34psi front and 32 psi rear on the pavement. Gen2s are kinda finicky about tire pressure, so you may have to play with it a little bit.

Just because it needs to be said, there is a world of difference in how the truck will handle with as little as a 3psi difference.

Grabbers are a little noisy, but they also balance WAY better than a BFG KO2.

The noises that you're hearing are pretty normal. The general AT is considerably quieter.

As for Nittos... For on-road, I'm sure they are great. Off-road, I've seen folks have considerable issues with snapping belts and bubbling sidewalls.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zombiekiller is correct. I meant to say 14-16lbs. lower off road.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Nittos are great on road and perform well off road.

My grabbers X2s were crazy loud and everyone new when I was coming around. I was glad to change them out for a more tolerable middle of the road do it all like the Toyo R/T.

alcoolaid

Reaction score
I am happy with my x3’s. Slow speed you feel the bumps from the huge knobby tread blocks. High speed they have a bit of noise but nothing too crazy.

I run 35f 32r pressure feels great on road. Offroad I run 25/25 with my roof top tent and gear in the bed.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my X3’s, they have withstood off-road punishment (especially rocks) way better than the KO’s did. I think they’re actually on the quiet side for an aggressive tread.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have the x3s been in rain and wet conditions?

ive had the toyo RT and have nitto ridge grapplers now. Both are on the heavier side (37s are 80#) compared to the ko2 (37s 67#)

was considering trying the ko2s next, but would hate to loose the little extra diameter.

I have always liked the look of the grabber red letter though