GPS TRACKER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From an older thread years ago. Anyone have this?

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

First I seen of this. Anyone know if it works.

targas

Reaction score
First I seen of this. Anyone know if it works.

Yeah they do, there is no master "key", each one is wired differently with black wires go through the the firewall.

They would either need an hour or more to reverse engineer and rewire your truck (probably 3 or 4 hours) to get it to start without the "key" or have a tow truck to steal it.

My buddy put one on his truck, the next day they attempted to steal it, they pushed it down the road a little bit to move it from the driveway, couldn't get it to start so he woke up and found it in the same spot they left it.

They have worked well for me for many years, I have no complaints and put them in all my vehicles, best anti theft option I've ever used.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Imagine that. A key that's somewhat secure. Maybe auto makers should consider those instead of fancy fluff.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that they can clone even if both keys are in the house. However, I thought I’d read that Ford was one of the companies that had altered their tech to impede so called “relay attacks.”

I’m about as tech-illiterate as they come but I wonder if they’re not able to bypass whatever countermeasures Ford has implemented.
The only successful method I’ve heard of is accomplished by sending a command (unlock, lock, etc) using one key fob and then the other sequentially, which allows the perp to capture the rolling code. That will allow them into the car, but still won’t allow it to start. These trucks have no master key or master code; all are unique and are stored in multiple modules.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imagine that. A key that's somewhat secure. Maybe auto makers should consider those instead of fancy fluff.

right?!?! lol, ridiculous. I figure having this, plus a hidden gps tracker (not ford pass) as plan B if someone tows it.

Also you can get extra ravelco plugs, so if you want to have a couple spares somewhere else in case you lose your keys.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has ways to locate a stolen vehicle when contacted by LE. Smart theives probably know how to disable, but I imagine smart + theif don't roll together very often.