GPS TRACKER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the viper alarm system with the gps smart start. i have the gps module hidden in the vehicle along with a small battery that keeps it powered for several days if the power gets cut. my alarm is connected to the gps module, but even if they disconnect the alarm or try to bypass whatever it is they are bypassing or unplugging, the battery power is connected in a different spot most likely not seen by the thief. so i can always track my truck if its stolen

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you do have an external GPS tracker (in addition to the FordPass tracking)? What make/model do you have?
I learned the FordPass tracking does absolutely nothing!!! The thief had the GPS disabled before the truck even left my driveway, and it only took him 5 min in total to steal it. These guys are professionals, they have every T crossed and I dotted.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, he did. I got the entire ordeal on my Nest Outdoor IQ camera. It was one guy, a younger guy (20-25). He had some type of electronic device.

The new Gen 3 will be parked in the garage.
Do you keep a spare key in the truck? There is no way to clone a key unless you have access to both keys; the system uses a rolling code.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you keep a spare key in the truck? There is no way to clone a key unless you have access to both keys; the system uses a rolling code.
No, I never left a key fob in the truck. Both keys were always kept in the house.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that they can clone even if both keys are in the house. However, I thought I’d read that Ford was one of the companies that had altered their tech to impede so called “relay attacks.”

I’m about as tech-illiterate as they come but I wonder if they’re not able to bypass whatever countermeasures Ford has implemented.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for me as RCS, both keys were in the house.
Yeah, they are scumbags. Very annoying!

I mean, what else can we do? Other than hide a good GPS in the truck where the thief won’t find it!

I wonder if the old school Club on the steering wheel will help?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free